588,522 active members*
7,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OM, Tool Table for Random ATC

Fanuc OM, Tool Table for Random ATC

First off, I am new at programming, so this could be a basic thing that I am missing. I just bought a Kiwa Excel 810 with a Fanuc OM controller and it has a 24 station random ATC. I have no idea haw to set up a tool table and get the machine to change tools. I have a Leadwell MCV with the same controlls, but it does not have a random ATC, so it is a little different and I know how to use it, but the Excel I cannot seam to figure out. I have tried reading the Fanuc OM Operation book, but that does not seem to help. If anyone can talk me through this just once I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
    Ross Schultz
    Titan Machine

My guess it's in the PMC parameters in the Data area. More likely to be in your machine's manuals than the Fanuc manual.

In lieu of finding how to change the tool table, MDI T01M06; Cycle Start, after the tool change, put Tool 1 in the spindle. MDI T02M06; Cycle Start after the tool change, put tool 2 in the spindle.

Okay, I tried what you said. I put a tool in the spindle and then while in the MDI mode told it to T01 MO6; Then I got a 409 wich is a serial error in the spindle. Now I need to find information on the spindle control unit.
    Ross Schultz
    Titan Machine

Tool change problem

Hi Ross:

The method that "dcoupar" explained is correct. I have a Excel 510 and had a spindle alarm when I went to setup my machine. First MDI T01M06 and hit start cycle button, go to the back of the machine and look at the spindle drive, get the AL XX alarm code of the display. Let me know what the code is and I will look it up. Also, if the 3 phase is not the right rotation, then the tool changer is trying to go the opposite of what the machine expects. Simply switch any two legs and give it a try, it will not harm the machine.

Brian
    [email protected]

Do you have a macro for your tool change or do you have to enter it in manually?

Does the spindle need to be raised to a 2nd reference point or anything?

G90 G30 Z0

How about spindle orientation?
    M19

Your tool parameters should be in the 400's, something like #460 - #475 if you have 16 tools... or more if you have more tool holders.

Check your #480, it should be the tool # in the spindle.
    Also, check the #481, it should be the tool # that is ready in position for a tool change.
    I swear that I wasn't bidding on that nasty old CNC... I was only swatting flies.

if you havent receved your answer try one of 2 things.
    turn on the machine and home it out.
    in MDI mode.
    G0 G91 G28 X0Y0Z0;
    T10M6;
    INSERT - CYCLE START

IF THAT DONT WORK

G0 G91 G30 X0Y0Z0;
    T10M6;
    INSERT - CYCLE START

NOW IF YOU ARE STILL GETTING THE ALARM LOOK IN THE CARASEL AND SEE IF IT IS MOVING. IF IT IS THAT MEANS YOUR MACHINE HAS NOT FOUND THE TOOL YEAT.
    WAIT A MIN AND SEE IF IT EVER STOPS. IF IT DOES JUST RE TYPE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS CODES.

EVERY TOOL CHANGE IN THE PROGRAM WILL NEED THIS CALL OR YOU CAN GET A MACRO FROM FANUC.