587,086 active members*
2,965 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Solidworks SLDPRT to Bobcad toolmap?

Solidworks SLDPRT to Bobcad toolmap?

I was thinking about Edgecam, but realized apparently Bobcad can give me 4axis indexing 3axis machining 2 axis turning for ONE SIXTH the price of edgecam 2.5D mill and 2 axis lathe.

However I want to see a solidworks part toolmap, and so far, I just have a 4axis part with 4 rows of pockets at 90 degrees loaded into the screen of the demo software.

Anyone who could point me to a tutorial, or something would be much appreciated.

It would really be awesome if this software could do what I need it to do.

Would it seem that crazy to hope that just once I would download one of these damn demos, import a 3d part and have something intelligent happen to inspire confidence in buying a product?

I have a part on the screen in what seems like another 3d animation environment. It's useless - All I care about is toolmapping the damn part. That's the point of CAM to me. The 3d modeling should be handled by a dedicated software.

Waving a mouse over the part, highlights the ENTIRE MODEL, as if the program doesn't recognize any difference in surfaces/holes/pockets. Help seems useless for explaining how to toolmap from 3D.

Green0,

You have to UnStitch all Solid Surfaces to select one Surface at a time. Think of it this way. If you pick a part up with your hand, do you pickup the whole part or just a bored hole on that part? All software is Stupid until you tell it what to do.

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com