587,349 active members*
3,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Shopmaster/Shoptask > TriPower will be here next week

TriPower will be here next week

Hello: I have a TriPower on order and will be in on Tues. After reading some of the threads here I hope it will be a good unit. I will let you all know what I think of it when it comes in. Mine is coming with the DRO option.

Check the gearbox for sand. It will be full of it and you will have to clean it . Then you will need to remove the spindle and clean it also. John is not going to do it for you. He is just a salesman. Then call him and chew his butt for selling you a dirty machine. He will tell you a story but don't let him lie his way out of it.

Cool

your enthusiasm will be short lived. if it were not so i would have told you.

I got a spindle housing from john . he tried to hide a crack by the shifter and we fixed it. I will have to live with the crack on the mill column. But I am never going to let up on John . He will wish he had fixed the problems. It may take some time but I will prevail in the end. As for the spindle housing all the holes are the correct size. The original housing third shaft and second shaft bores were way oversize. I would have had to fix that also. The shifter roller was a piece of junk so I replaced it with a 30mm cam follower. As for the steel bushings I am having bronze bushings made now. All the gears I bead blasted at work.

My first problem is how to get it out of my truck. I have an engine hoist but need a spreaderbar for it. I will try to get one tomorrow.