587,173 active members*
4,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mn DIY CNC Router builds

Hello all,
    My name is Jason and I am just getting into this hobby as of recent. I do have a small desktop cnc that I purchased about a year ago and still have yet to use it, to small for what I want to do. Interested to see if there is anyone in the twin cities metro area that has a larger (4X4 or 4X8) size cnc router. In particular a DIGIROUT brand. I am looking to purchase one of these machines and would like to see in action. I have read up on these machines and with the couple of bad reviews I contacted the company and they were very accommodating to answering all of my questions and now feel comfortable moving forward with the purchase. They have an excellent price point and what appears to be a quality machine.

All machines have there short comings in my opinion, just have to look at what you are going to be doing and which one fits your needs.

Any input?

As you said, the big question is what are you going to be doing with it. And what are your expectations.
    Any 4x8 machine under $7000-$8000 is probably going to have rigidity issues.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: Mn DIY CNC Router builds

Did you end up getting one? I do want to order one my self and I have not seen Much about the machine Just it taking awhile to get.

Quote Originally Posted by minicncuser View Post
    Did you end up getting one? I do want to order one my self and I have not seen Much about the machine Just it taking awhile to get.
    It did take awhile to get and had to request that additional parts be sent, (incomplete package) poor assembly instructions. You must have a mechanical background to figure it out.I will be making a couple changes to the design but overall, I love the machine and have been running it for about a year. I am cutting at about 200 ipm, with rapids over 600ipm. The support from richard, owner of company, was great.

Re: Mn DIY CNC Router builds

Thamk you i say it one of the best prices out there even upgraded all the way