588,193 active members*
7,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

KMB-1 problems

I have a early 80's KMB-1 , with a tape emulater, my problem is I could not get load master to come up on the crt screen, I replaced the mpu board board and that took care of that problem. Now I can not get the langauge screen to come up on the crt after loading the master. I replaced the reader board an put in a different tape emulater board, nothing helped.
    any ideas?? thanks Charlie..

Not to be funny, but maybe it's asking for a retrofit?
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by MTMW View Post
    I have a early 80's KMB-1 , with a tape emulater, my problem is I could not get load master to come up on the crt screen, I replaced the mpu board board and that took care of that problem. Now I can not get the langauge screen to come up on the crt after loading the master. I replaced the reader board an put in a different tape emulater board, nothing helped.
    Hi, Talk to Martin CNC on the web based in the USA. can supply an EPROM does away with the tape can load master from PC via RS232, its a doddle.

Quote Originally Posted by MTMW View Post

Does the PC show the program has loaded all the way? Try, just before the PC shows the Master completely loaded, holding down whichever button selects "English" (I can't remember off hand which one it is). I've had a similar problems with one of our Hurcos with the B control before and it was a stuck or funky button on the keypad. If the PC isn't completing the load then I'm lost for now. Could be a memory board too, if it's a memory board you're further ahead to get the memory board upgrade from one of the Hurco after market outfits. Mine was $550. from AMTSINC.COM (you can D/L all the Master tapes on their site too)and it eliminates the 3 separate memory boards, adds a feature or 2 such as helical interpolation (with the right Master) and long term battery backup of the Master and program. I haven't run my personal KMB-1 in about a year but could go out right now, power it up and run the last program I had in it.
    Any time I have a problem with a Hurco KM1, KMB-1, MB's or any Hurco with the old "B" series control I always clean the top and bottom connectors on all the boards first with alcohol and a clean eraser and then some tuner spray or more alcohol. 90% of the problems with a Hurco B is electrical connections. Crappy connectors.

FWIW

JohnF
    Phoenix

I have a KM1 with a memory problem, If I hold the number 8 key down just before the PC finishes loading and for 30 seconds (more or less) after the PC is finished then the language screens comes up. You might try that.
    Mine is getting stripped for a retro....

Buddy at http://www.amtsinc.com/contact.html
    was very helpful and pacient with me. Told me about the #8 key.
    Give him a call.