588,261 active members*
4,951 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

V2XT Software Startup

Alcon

The B-port V2XT we have has been working okay with the original
    BossXT software floppy but for some reason I'am now getting the following error at startup, NTDLR missing. I've tried several backup software copies
    but get the same error. Anyone run into this before.

Check the floppy drive to see if it is still functioning properly. Consider replacing with a TEAC if it went bad as these have been the most trouble and read problem free FDD that we've ever had/used.

Check the FDD controller card for same functional capability and operation.

If your FDD has gone bad or is flakey, plan on replacing the motherboard - when we lost our FDD card, the M/B went south shortly thereafter.

V2XT Software Startup

NC Cams

Thx for the FDD info & I'll change out the F Drive 1st & see what happens.

I know this has probably been asked but how do you get the machine to boot up from a hard drive. I installed one but no luck on the boot up.

IF yours is an FMDC based controller, I'm pretty sure that it can/will ONLY boot from a floppy.

IF it is a BMDC based DX-32 system, it should be bootable from the HDD if you have the BIOS properly set to look at the C:\ drive for the boot sector of the software.

You might be able to write a batch file to get it to boot from a HDD if it is a FMDC but I'm not literate enough in FMDC speak to tell you how to do so. Perhaps a friend who's DOS literate can help you figure out a way.

Sounds like a FMDC based control. The BMDC versions had a hard drive. If this has the original mother board, it is now possibly 17 years old. WOW!
    The CMOS may be set incorrectly for the floppy as well.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

V2XT Software Startup

Alcon

I changed out the FD & the program is now attempting to load from the
    HD. The program gets all the way to the machine check part & then I get the following error, run-time error R6003
    -integer divide by 0
    C:\>

We're making progress

Check your CMOS settings (usually reachable by hitting DEL key while boot sequence is executing)..

If the CMOS has gotten corrupted or changed by malicious code, your system will try to boot from the HDD instead of from the the A:\ drive or wherever the software wants/needs to boot from.

My V2XT (FMDC version) came with a 720KB floppy. I later swapped if for a 1.44 floppy with no problems. I then added a hard drive (MFM type) with the cables plugging right into the 286 motherboard. That worked OK too after setting up the CMOS. The last note inidicates that the PC is booted and BXT is up but getting a problem when trying to talk to the FMDC. How did BXT get on the hard drive (C:>) and is it a valid version compared to the .HEX that is in the FMDC? Also, NTLDR seems like a Windows startup. Are you running DOS or WFW?

It may be a bad FMDC or a bad com port to the FMDC.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)