587,311 active members*
3,412 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > running both pendant and Mach3 off of single board using a cable splitter

running both pendant and Mach3 off of single board using a cable splitter

I would like to be able to use my handheld pendant but also have a laptop with Mach3 (with ESS and BOB) that both go to my controller board. Is it possible to run the cables into a cable splitter that will either feed in signals from the pendant or Mach3? Will there be any interference, etc.?

Obviously I'll lose my origin and have to re-zero when swapping between the two since it's running steppers with no position feedback.

If you can still find one, they used to make old school switches to switch between multiple printers/plotters. That should work.

I don't think a splitter will work. What if your pendant tells a line to go low but mach wants it high?

Edit: They do still make them but you'll have to be careful that you get one that actually switches all the wires. They are meant to work with a printer so they may not switch all the wires, some may be connected all the time.