586,108 active members*
3,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tube cut to length

Hi, I need a few parts made for some testing:

- Ideally, tubing should be from a North America or EU supplier.

- Only accepting bids from shops based in North America. I just want to clarify on this point. Our company has a policy of trying to not contribute to the trade deficit, especially with the far east. We welcome bids from any shop in the US or Canada.

- Delivery to the San Jose, CA area., but with these small parts, that is probably not significant.

- Tube material - SS 304 or 316 is fine, but I suspect the tube material is more readily available in 316L

- Most critical aspect - Internal finish - similar to plymouth tube electropolished max 10 or max 20, basically like highly polished high purity gas line interior finish. I am primarily interested in the polish aspect, not as much the semiconductor grade purity aspect, but this is a good example of what I am after. It does not have to be their tube, it is just a good example.

http://www.plymouth.com/trent.aspx

- External finish - not critical

- Size - I have seen 3mm OD x 2.5mm ID tube and 1/8th inch tube with minimum ID approx. 0.10 inch. Either is fine if that helps you use something you have or can easily obtain. I need the inside either to be a minimum 2.6mm all the way though, OR, chamfer one end so that it can fit over a 2.6mm dia 1/2 sphere. I hope that is clear, but let me know if I need to explain this better.

I understand that the chamfered area might not be as good as the original finish, but I would like to get as close as possible without too many operations.

- Length - 4mm +/- 0.3mm, but of course tighter is nice

- Burs - removed

- Cleaned - thoroughly ( I know this is vague, but think of how you would do a finish and clean for a part going to the medical, semiconductor, or very high end food grade service.)

- Quantity - I need only 10 for initial testing for a project. IF it works, then I will need a few 100. I honestly do not know if this will work for the project or not,( but I really hope so), so keep this in mind.

Price is important of course, but frankly quality of interior finish is more important, as is the ability to easily reproduce the results in a production run. I don't really care how you accomplish it, but if you can help me understand how challenging it would be to go from these 10 parts to 100 or 300 parts, that would be nice.

Thank you for considering the project.

Please send the bids and info to cl (xxxx) @ wirlnet (xxx) dot com (please remove the (xxx s) to get the right email adr.)

Hi, I just wanted to clarify that our company has as a policy of trying to not contribute to the merchandise trade deficit of the US.

We welcome bids from anyone in the United States or Canada.

If you have any feedback on this item, as in "it is technically very difficult, but if you change spec " ___ " it is easy, please let me know.

Thanks

Harry

Hi, I am starting to understand the challenge of this request lies with the starting material.

If it helps, I can potentially supply the pre-polished tube in the correct size, and then just need it cut to 4mm length and burrs removed.

It looks like the material will come to you in 12 inch or similar lengths.

The main challenge I guess will be cutting it to length and deburring without cutting oils, or at least a good post cleaning process.

I am interested we are located in north east Pennsylvania and as far as trade and over seas we agrre should not suport it at all if you could send all info to [email protected] will let you know ASAP. Any other work please email me we would highly appreciate it.

Thanks.

TML & MTL Precision Machining
    [email protected]