586,531 active members*
2,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Noisy guards on sl20

Hi All.

When my haas sl20 rapids in z i find the guards are quite noisy as they fold and unfold.
    Has anybody tried to do anything with these.
    They are not really a problem but would be nice to stop this.

sometimes as they get dirty and built up with chips they do not move so easily. I would clean them up real good and then squirt them down with some way lube and hand wheel them back and forth and see if this helps. Also if your wipers have became hard they will make more noise. i have found that pb blaster will sometimes soften up orings in pnuematic systems but don't know if it would work on wipers.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAD LAWSON View Post
    sometimes as they get dirty and built up with chips they do not move so easily. I would clean them up real good and then squirt them down with some way lube and hand wheel them back and forth and see if this helps. Also if your wipers have became hard they will make more noise. i have found that pb blaster will sometimes soften up orings in pnuematic systems but don't know if it would work on wipers.
    Hi Chad.
    This isnt the problem.
    Its think its the design of them as its done this from new.
    Its when one slides into the next one you get quite a clanking noise from it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashro View Post
    .....Its when one slides into the next one you get quite a clanking noise from it.

Thanks
    I think you have to live with it. Our SL10s do the same and the Super MiniMills and VF machines.

I thought about trying to retrofit plastic bumpers but figured they would get thrashed in a very short time.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    I think you have to live with it. Our SL10s do the same and the Super MiniMills and VF machines.

I thought about trying to retrofit plastic bumpers but figured they would get thrashed in a very short time.
    thanks jeff

i think that would be a good idea.
    its a shame when all my other cnc's run so quiet and smooth and all you get off the haas is loud clanking.