586,700 active members*
2,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Professional what can it do?

Camsoft again thank you for the help so far. It has really helped me. You are the easiest people to work with so I want to take advantage of your good nature.

What can I do with CNC Professional that I can't do with CNC Plus. I noticed CNC Plus does not look the same or have many of the features I just received in CNC Professional.

I thank you for your answer to my email today to support asking but the answer you gave was too vague and I was hoping for more details. My friend has CNC Plus that I helped set it up on his laser but the CNC Professional files are not compatible. I want to know all there is about the differences.

Is there any one that has both packages that can tell me more?

Carlo

Carlo,

One more thing you can do if you're looking for real details is to visit the CNC Plus main page at:
    http://www.cnccontrols.com/cncplus.asp
    Then click on the Product Comparison menu choice on the left side menu.

We hope this is what you're looking for.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I had a most unusual situation a bit over a year ago. I had bought a running machine with a CNC Pro Package. Turns out the machine was still runing CNC plus and the licence on that package had expired. In addition, the computer crashed in the move to my site. Anyway, I had no way to run CNC plus. For legal reasons, Camsoft could not just supply me with a Plus package to shake down the machine.

It turns out the CBKs for both packages are quite similar. The Pro does not have a ! in front of every line of code. I took all the custom macros, inputio, mcodes,gcodes, etc. out of a plus CBK, removed the ! and put them into CNC Pro. Moved a ton of code without a single hitch.

Anyway, I think of Camsoft as a machine programming computer language. Plus is a subset of Pro, not all the features.

Don't know if this helps you right now, but it might be nice to know you can move something in the Plus package right up to Pro.

Karl