586,096 active members*
3,109 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Servo upgrade complete - older servos up for grabs

Servo upgrade complete - older servos up for grabs

I recently upgraded to some new/old stock Aerotech servos that I want to put to use so I'm offering my older Keling servos in the classifieds to anyone who can put them to use.

The ad is for a complete matched set of Keling KL23 Servo Motors with US Digital E4P encoders and a pair of very nice Animatics 3:1 Planetary Gearheads. Everything was purchased new and have less than 24 hours of milling time. They are in excellent working condition with no flaws or problems at all.

I was using these on the x and y axis of my x3 mill and the 3:1 gearheads are a great match for these motors for this size mill but I would highly recommend a larger motor for the Z axis if you plan to use these with an X3-sized mill. This is a good way to bypass belts and pulleys and to convert the high speed servo motion into more usable torque for a small mill. Rapids on the x3 were 190ipm using a 36V PS.

I'm asking $250 for everything which is a good deal considering that the gearheads alone were over $450 each and everything is in like-new condition.

Additional items included but not shown in photos are two US Digital Single-ended Encoder Cables ($35 value).

Items in photos that are NOT included are the two circular AMP connection terminals. I would like to keep these with my current wiring system.

link to classified ad

The ad is for 3 days and then it's off to the bay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails servos_00.jpg   servos_02.jpg   servos_03.jpg   servos_04.jpg  

I just dropped the price $25 if anyone is interested. Also, price includes shipping.

so these would be suitable for an X3 or G0704? Whats the highest voltage PS they can run on?
    FS: Complete Z-Axis Assembly with THK RSR15WM slide, leadscrew, stepper mount. PM for more info.

wow what a deal - temped to pick these up for something down the road

are these 36v or 60v servos (keling has two nema 23 servos)

These are the 36V KL23's. A 36-45VDC power supply should work great. I am not sure of the max terminal voltage rating on these (not listed on the keling spec sheet) so unfortunately I can't answer that for you. However, I upgraded to some new servos that do give the full specs and they have a 40VDC recommended bus rating and the maximum terminal voltage for them is 72VDC. But, I wouldn't recommend basing the kelings off those specs. Maybe you could contact Keling and find out if you really want to know the max voltage. I am using the same 36V supply that I used with these kelings and they are running great for me. Sorry I can't answer that for ya!

what are the input/output shaft sizes for the gearboxes? Thanks.

Hans_G: Shaft sizes are 1/4" input and 1/2" output.

Enraged: These should be an ideal match for the G0704. I was getting 190ipm with them on my x3.

ya, only problem I see is finding a suitable nema34 servo for the Z that will run on that voltage.
    FS: Complete Z-Axis Assembly with THK RSR15WM slide, leadscrew, stepper mount. PM for more info.

would you be willing to trade both of these for a air cylinder, belleville washers, and a valve setup for a power drawbar + cash to you? if your interested i can give you pics and info...

Enraged, I found a nema34 Cleveland torquemaster (a real beast) servo that I'm running on the same 36v power supply that the kelings were using. You shouldn't have a problem finding one... Check the bay... I found that one on the first day of looking.

Hey Teyber, I might be willing to trade you depending on what type of air cylinder you have. What happened to the pwr drawbar prj, are you bailing out on that?

Yeah! the air cylinder is big and i have NO chance of getting it to fit with the 56c framed motor i have! its like 7" in diameter or something(maybe bigger). discouraging but there is literally no way of getting around it without WAY more work then i would want to consider (way more then i would EVER spend changing tools manually).

ill pm you the info don't want to clutter your thread and further.

cheers

Today only SALE - $200 for everything - includes shipping

I'm going to offer these motors here one last time (today only) for $200 before putting them up for auction. This is $50 off the original price to the first member to post here or pm me about them. Last chance!