586,113 active members*
3,545 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Has anyone got plans for a rocking horse, that I pop can build for his grandaughter?

Has anyone got plans for a rocking horse, that I pop can build for his grandaughter?

I am chasing some rocking horse plans so that Pop can make my daughter a rocking horse.

Does anybody have any?

Cheers

Peter

check e-bay for woodworking plans. I bought a cd for cheap like 5 dollars us. They are in pdf but it can be converted into dxf for auto cad, scaled to what you want and then into a cad/cam software for cnc. works well and very simple.

Shawn

I would get a pic of a horse, scale it and make 2 side profiles (mirror images of each other) and use your CNC router to rout them (glue them up...if you need to make it wider.....use some plywood profiles in the center section). then I would make a base with 2 runners...if you want a rocking horse.....otherwise....make a couple of 'U' shapes and attach springs (preferable large rubber bands) and attach them to the snout and the hind quarters.

Try this site - woodworkingdownder.com for free rocking horse plans

Sorry I havent got pland but seen this picture if that helpsAttachment 202020