586,075 active members*
3,901 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM 7-- Now It's More than an Annoyance!

SprutCAM 7-- Now It's More than an Annoyance!

I thought my recent problem with SprutCAM 7 had been resolved. Switching off the Turbo 3D simulation mode (which is enabled by default) fixed a glitch in the simulation display, but a serious underlying problem is still present.

Files which can be imported as parts with no problem will not import as workpieces. They show up if Geometry Model Visibility is enabled, but they cannot be made visible as workpieces.

Machining operations which run without errors (green checks across the board) will not simulate. The tool appears and moves in the simulation screen, but no geometry appears and the Simulation Result is empty. The geometry can only be made visible by enabling Geometry Model Visibility. Nothing can be made to appear as Workpiece or Simulation Result.

Models which Machine and Simulate normally may display the above problems after being saved and re-opened.

I think SprutCAM 7 is broken. Is anyone else seeing similar problems?

I'm not seeing those exact problems, but I have seen some flakiness.

For example, I can't get anything to work with machine LatheZX. I can import the part, rotate it and set the zero location. But as soon as I try to define a workpiece things start disappearing. First the workpiece disappears and then the part itself disappears. It has actually been deleted from the design and doesn't appear in the tree.

The exact same part works perfectly in LatheXY so that's what I've been using. Milling using the Tormach machine definitions also works well, although I did have to fix the postprocessor to handle the ORIGIN cldata command correctly for 5d Hole Machining operations.

I'm currently running build 0.6 rev 33254.

Rev 33254 was apparently made available around the 1st of March. dkaustin - are you using a build that recent?

Mike

Mike-- I'm running Rev 32868 that I got from Tormach. This is the same version that's currently available from the download link at the SprutCAM website.

Are you a subscriber to Dave's SprutCAM Tech Support web site? The update is available from there, though I have no idea if it is an improvement over the Tormach distribution or if it introduces a new set of problems.

It might also be available from the download link at the SprutCAM web site, though I could only find a link for the trial version there.

Mike

I haven't noticed any differences between revs 32868 and 33254 but, of course, YMMV.

Hello all.
    There is fresh update for SprutCAM 7 - SprutCAM_7.0.6.33840.exe at russian public ftp site. See folder ftp://ftp.office.sprut.ru/Public/SprutCAM/v7 .
    And this update have some little bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    It might also be available from the download link at the SprutCAM web site, though I could only find a link for the trial version there.
    Mike
    The download at ftp://ftp.office.sprut.ru/Public/SprutCAM/v7 is a FULL version, not a trial one. But the actual functionality you get depends on your license.
    Anyways, if you have any questions feel free to contact SprutCAM support at [email protected]