586,117 active members*
3,394 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Second Source for TTS Tooling

My last three orders to Tormach for TTS tooling have had errors. I have a three strikes and you're out policy with suppliers. Is there an alternate source for TTS tooling? Little Machine Shop has some TTS arbours, and I will be placing an order with them shortly, but I need a 31268 end mill arbour which I haven't been able to get in two tries (shipped wrong item, then on packing list but not in box on second try).

RJG

No doubt 3 problems in a row is a bummer. I have ordered many times from them and my shipment has always been spot on. I dont know if you are working with Ann but she has lways been very helpful to me, maybe she can correct whatever is going on with your orders.

Ann Moen [[email protected]]

Jason

Jason,

Thank you for your response. So far, we have managed to get things straightened out (except for the last one, which I haven't bothered with - not out of pocket - yet). However, my orders were always unambiguous (placed through the web site shopping cart), and I'm worried that it's going to start costing me time and money at some point. It's an aggravation that I really don't need.

RJG

Alternate Sourcing for tooling

You can go to Novacon.com They advertise here on the CNCZone. They sell mills and have quickchange tooling arbors like the tormach.

stedgar,

Thank you for the posting. I went to
    http://www.novakon.net/quick_change_tooling.html
    and discovered that they have a line of set screw arbours that appear to be the same as the Tormach TTS set screw arbours. One should confirm that the shanks were indeed 3/4", I suppose. They have the advantage for me that they are based in Canada as well.

Thank you.

RJG

I am sorry but I call BS. I dont believe for a second you placed 3 orders with tormach and they all had something wrong with them. I have placed many orders over the last 6 or so months and every single one was spot on and usually shipped within hours of me placing the order.

compunerdy,

I won't post them here, but I can email you privately my email discussions with Tormach regarding these orders, if you wish. In the words of Tormach, my orders appear to be "jinxed".

RJG

Well..dont waste any money on lottery tickets then.

Smithy also has them a bit cheaper
    http://www.smithy.com/accessories.ph...aid=1014&code=
    going to call them tomorrow about shipping to Canada.

--IM

Quote Originally Posted by RJG View Post
    stedgar,

Thank you for the posting. I went to
    http://www.novakon.net/quick_change_tooling.html
    and discovered that they have a line of set screw arbours that appear to be the same as the Tormach TTS set screw arbours. One should confirm that the shanks were indeed 3/4", I suppose. They have the advantage for me that they are based in Canada as well.

Thank you.

RJG
    weve got the set from novakon, but havent actually used it yet. it looks nice if that means anything, haha

were the issues with tormach just administrative or was the product bad in some way?

Ooops, quote from Smithy Site:

Use with a standard R8 3/4" collet for quick tool changes. Tool holders are designed to "bottom out" on the face of the R8 collet, giving you a fixed height each time. Great for CNC work.

No prizes for spotting the error. Either the text is wrong or the tooling is.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by irrational View Post
    Smithy also has them a bit cheaper
    http://www.smithy.com/accessories.ph...aid=1014&code=
    going to call them tomorrow about shipping to Canada.

--IM

Quote Originally Posted by philbur View Post
    Ooops, quote from Smithy Site:

Use with a standard R8 3/4" collet for quick tool changes. Tool holders are designed to "bottom out" on the face of the R8 collet, giving you a fixed height each time. Great for CNC work.

No prizes for spotting the error. Either the text is wrong or the tooling is.

Phil
    probably both, since they dont seem to sell the ground collet. unless they put in enough clearance for a standard one.

I've placed nearly a dozen orders for 1 to 20 items in an order and never had a problem. RJG seems like a reasonable guy who just had a string of bad luck with orders, so I'm mentioning my experience as a counterpoint for future readers of this thread and not to dispute the OP.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post

were the issues with tormach just administrative or was the product bad in some way?
    I must make it clear that I believe that the products from Tormach are of the highest quality, and quality is not an issue. Their after sales service has been outstanding. However, there have been issues with the last three small orders I have placed. In one order, the wrong item was shipped, and the other two, the item was on the packing slip, but was not in the box. I'm not sure how many times I can claim that an item on the packing list was not in the box before I run into a "compunerdy" who calls bs. It puts me in a very difficult position, and I really don't need the aggravation of dealing with these issues. I was able to demonstrate that the weights didn't add up in one order. I haven't actioned the second missing item yet. Apparently, the problem is not common, and my orders are, for some reason, "jinxed."

I appreciate the second sources that others here have pointed me to.

RJG

orders

I have placed more the 25 orders with tormach totaling over 26k they have never messed an order up and have been the most professional company I have ever delt with. If I could just get other suppliers I order from to do that.

Same for me.

I never had any problems with orders. never

I bought my PCNC 1100 used off of eBay. I've done several upgrades a bunch of TTS, SprutCAM 2007 and SprutCAM 7 upgrade.. Not a single problem, hickup, or missed beat. Great customer service!! Tech support also!

Larry O

Hey RJG,
    I went to novakon's shop today and picked up 2 screw holders and 2 drill arbors. Quality seems good and they have more tooling then what they list on their site.
    --IM

I have bought quite a few items from Tormach with zero problems. Their service has always been first rate. Tormach has always been right there with customer service...all one has to do is call or email.

Don Clement

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Bastard View Post
    Same for me.

I never had any problems with orders. never
    X2 always outstanding service...

Page 1 of 2 12