586,635 active members*
3,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > dwell command needed

dwell command needed

HELLO FADAL USERS,

i hired onto a company which has an older fadal 40 taper ( maybe 25 + years old) and nobody knows how to make edits to the program. my problem is that the Z axis starts the drilling operation before getting up to speed and therefore wearing out the drills prematurely. I thought of a momentary dwell command but as I stated, I do not even know how to edit the program, can anyone help??? please

dwell command

I have a operators manual for the 88 legacy control you have.I will try to attach it to the post,if it does not come through i can email it to you.on the old control you need to type PR at the enter next command screen this will bring up a list of program options,(change program,display prg.,start new prg. ect.)select the program you want to run,to edit it enter PA at enter next command screen and it will bring up the page editer,there are options listed at the bottom ,I for insert,c=change line etc. use u+d keys to move up and down the program,go to the line you want and type c then the replacement line g04 should work for the dwell. The file is too large to attach send me you email and i will send it later,or i think you can get it form the factory at fadal.com

dwell command

I found the manuals downloadable from fadal.com./ they are kind of hidden /go to the (service )option and select (documentation support)at the bottom of the page is a section called (mag fadal mp cnc) these are the manuals for the 88 legacy control you will have on your machine.keep in mind that you probably have the first generation control unless it has been updated,so not all the options in the manual may work.you can tell the year of the machine by the first 2 numbers of the serial number.if you have the old style control all commands will have to be typed at the enter next command screen for every new command,you should print the command list and keep it by the machine untill you are used to them,the newer control gives you options that you can scroll through with the space bar.

Try this:
    G0G90S1500M3XOYOE1 (SPINDLE ON
    H1ZO *TOP OF PART
    G81G98Z-1.R0+0 F15.X1.Y1.* (START DIRILLIG CYCLE
    X2.Y2.
    If dose'nt work for you;
    insert G04P2000 after the first line

At the Command Prompt, type SETP and see if there isn't a parameter that says something like "Allow spindle to reach full speed after spindle on Y/N"

The control may be too old for that, not sure.

SBC--
    The purpose of that parameter is to inhibit any axis motion until the spindle speed has reach 80% of the commanded RPM. Normally this is used with drilling and tapping cycles but will affect all motion commands.

Neal

Yes, that's good to point out that it will delay motion with ALL spindle ons, not just for drilling.

I have one machine that doesn't have the extended Z. I leave that parameter on as it seems like the spindle is never up to speed by the time the tool makes contact with the material.

thanks for all the tips guys, I will apply what you have told me

EASY FIX - SAMPLE PROGRAM LINE1 M3S5000
    LINE 2 G4P3000
    GIVE THE SPINDLE 3 SEC TO COME TO SPEED BEFORE YOUR NEXT LINE IS PROCESSED
    ON OLDER CONTROLS TYPE IN ,LINE#,THEN COMMAND
    NEWER CONTROLS HIT SPACE BAR UNTIL YOUR IN EDIT MODE - YOU WILL SEE THE PROMPS