Help! I wanted to try to use the SoftDMC firmware portion of my Mesa 5i20 card. The problem is that I cannot find anywhere in the manuals, website or Googling, a description as to how to interface with the firmware. The manual describes where the bits fall in sequence and the commands needed to manipulate bits, but I am lost as to "talk" to the firmware. Am I missing something? I was assuming that once the card was recognised in the computer, one could use a software program to poke around, and check/set bits. Am I missing this software? I can't believe that there isn't a step by step instructions as to how this can be done. Currently I am using a Linux PC, but willing to move the card to a Windows PC if needed. I had this card running with EMC2 2.3.5 and a Mesa 7i33 Quad Servo Driver card. I was trying to get the Mesa 7i39 card to run (plug and play) but I was informed that EMC2 doesn't support this card. It would be nice to get my motors to turn soon; As a non-programmer, I was trying anything. Ultimately, I need a firmware configuration that will, under EMC2, drive a Mesa 7I39, but the HostMot2 driver would most likely need reworked to support the three phase PWM generator module; and I would probably be need a HAL component to generate the proper drive sequence for the 3 phase BLDC servo motor.
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Karl