586,094 active members*
3,801 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Mori and DMG

Mori and DMG

Looks like it's a done deal. Mori Seiki is now in bed with DMG. They did a "stock swap" so DMG can have a better position here in the US. Good news for DMG owners, now you can actually get service and parts in the US now.

Unfortunately it seems DMG and Mori Seiki have not made their controllers available to each other. We wanted to buy one of the new Gildermeister models Beta 1250 4A fully optioned with 2nd chuck, tailstock, Y axis on both turrets etc. It's quite an impressive machine but it only comes with the Siemens control. That's a deal breaker I won't touch Siemens
    Maybe in the future they will see the light. I'd love to see a Beta 1250 4A with MAPPS IV control.
    Just imagine this machine with a REAL control!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yArWbp-H2o"]CTX beta 1250 4A - YouTube[/ame]

Actually, they are working on it. When I was a DTL a few months ago, they did have a mori DMG that was a DMG with a mapps on it. I'm totally with you not wanting a seimens. The one we have goes down as often as a hurco. We are actually looking at the nvx7000, available with fanuc or the seimens. First time I've ever seen a mori available with a seimens.

yeah I've seen some mills and multi-axis single head machines with MAPPS but not the Beta 4A. I live in hope.
    We had a Giana lathe with a Siemens control some years ago. That thing went down more often than a cheap hooker!