586,096 active members*
3,797 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Manual Oper.Okuma LB200oEX Space Turn

Manual Oper.Okuma LB200oEX Space Turn

We have a new Okuma. How are you supposed to cut jaws etc. with this door always locked? The spindle etc works in MDI but I would like to see and cut at the same time. I can't even get the tuuret to move in "Hand" with the spindle running at the same time. What am I doing wrong? Is all work to be done in MDI?
    Thanks much.
    tramping on thru....

Yes, door interlocks really stink - you gotta love lawyers! That being said, if you go to the door interlock parameters, you can set the spindles to a max of 200 rpm with the door open. You will also have to turn the door interlock key to the "O" position to do any movement with the door open.

Other than that, the only way is to disconnect the door lock Key. You would still have to remove and insert it when you power on the machine every day. Of course I can't tell you to do that because if someone was to get hurt there could be problems with the lawyers again, so I won't tell you to do this for liability reasons... ;-)

Best regards,

It is very good Okuma feature, according my practice. I teach operators to adjust work with door open and operating "enable" function on limited spindle revolutions. No one hurted. No machine with door lock modified or cheated.
    You cut jaws as normal part program.
    How You're going to make reverse taper in manual mode? Chamfers? Lightened shape of jaws?
    I do always automatic mode jaw cut. M25 is set to protect chuck body then.

Thanks All

All of the safety features are nice, but really hamper my work.
    I just wanted to make sure that I didn't overlook something in the Okuma books.But, are there any "tricks"
    that may be helpful? I did like the interlock rpm change also OkumaWiz!
    Thanks again.
    trampus....
    tramping on thru....

Just use a turning or boring macro to do this for you in auto mode with the door shut. You can certainly us the S200 speed limit but it is always safer with the doors shut. I would argue that it is much more the speed of modern machine tool technology that warrants the additional saftey measures than just lawyers (that certainly does play a part unfortunately). It only that one Oh $#!+ moment to really injury someone.

Throw your arms around the interlocks and just learn to love them

Enjoy that new LB...that is an awesome machine.