586,265 active members*
3,617 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Ver23 lathe package and ID work

Question Ver23 lathe package and ID work

I have ver 23 with the lathe package, Under the cam tree I have every turning option there is but nothing defining boring work. I have found the tool selection that has ID tooling but when I select them all the work is preformed on the outside of my profiles as if they were OD's. Bobcad wants me to sign up for support before they offer any help. Am I missing something here?

Just guessing, but when you edit the turn operation after you select geometry, click on orientation and pick proper spot for tool. 1-2-3 or 4

No that only orientates the turning operation, example if your carriage is on a slant bed of one in a conventional position in front of the operator, it has other uses but does not determine offsets for ID work. At least that I have been able to figure out.. The graphics in the tooling menus should indicate boring operations I would think if they are there. Why should I have to labor to bore a hole? I'm glad I have other software options for productivity..

dcskid is correct, the tool orientation will determine the direction of cut.

A bore and a turn are the same thing really. The software uses the tool orientation and the geometry to determine the user's intent.

OK it must be something I'm doing wrong, I have selected the right orientation for boring and even selected the correct tooling from the tool list, When I Machine my part it is following the external contours of my selection, I have selected #1 and #4 several times with the same cut patters as a result. I have no problems using the turning operations. I'll go back and try again. I must be missing something simple. Thanks very much for your time...

Ok, I just drew the same profile at home and ran the toolpath with the correct orientation and it cut just fine. I did the exact same thing at work and it gets real screwy.. The one thing I might have done different is instead of drawing stock geometry and selecting it, I edited it with a hole size.. Maybe this has something to do with it? I have had several problems between installations at home and work.. Maybe there is still a glitch? Maybe not, I will go in today and try the same thing I did at home. Thanks again..

Possibly in the work file, you may have to "re-select" the geometry? And then the old...."Be sure it is in Lathe Mode".

Post a file here if you can so someone else can look at it with you.