586,102 active members*
3,213 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Power Drawbar/prototype ATC Syil China/ Syil Canada/ Syil North America
Page 2 of 2 12
    Is it possible to use this kit on an SX3?
    Regards,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by syil canada View Post

Any other questions let me know,

keith
    Thanks for the detailed responses - much appreciated! Just one question left unanswered:

When will the ATC option be available? I have seen the YouTube video, but I don't see it on the Syil site. Is this weeks out, or months, or what? What is the current status, what bugs need to be fixed, are you looking for beta testers, etc.?

Keith,

Thanks for the reply.

My initial synopsis:

1. this system was designed to install on a X4, X4+, X5 and X5+ in under 10min, all that is required for installation is 4 holes drilled in the top plate

So I assume that the 10 minutes installation requires the removal of the top plate of the machine to ensure no swarf enters the machine when drilling the retainer holes.

2. The minimum Operating PSI is 60, though 90 is ideal

This is good to know as most compressors operate between 70 - 120psi. The issue I saw was that if your tool wouldn't release at the bottom end of the compressor range then you have try and bleed air out so it would repressurise the system.

Some additional questions to the other posted:

A. If you want to use the standard tool holding mechanism (R8 collets connected to drawbar with no preloaded washers) does your system need to be unbolted or can it slide out to allow access to the drawbar retainer nut?

B. Spindle loading on video. This is not so much a question but an observation of the video produced. In the video your dial indicator is used to show the mechanism deflection when activated. I put it to you that this is an invalid test as there is no tool being drawn up into the spindle taper, thus no load being imparted to the system.

Are you able to repeat the video test with a tool? I could do a test locally for a tool being inserted with the standard system (rotating the drawbar with an allen key) and compare the deflection results. Assumption is that loads equivalent or less are acceptable.

/Michael

Quote Originally Posted by metalworkz View Post
    Is it possible to use this kit on an SX3?
    if R8,no problem...
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Quote Originally Posted by mikie View Post
    Keith,

Thanks for the reply.

My initial synopsis:

1. this system was designed to install on a X4, X4+, X5 and X5+ in under 10min, all that is required for installation is 4 holes drilled in the top plate

So I assume that the 10 minutes installation requires the removal of the top plate of the machine to ensure no swarf enters the machine when drilling the retainer holes.

2. The minimum Operating PSI is 60, though 90 is ideal

This is good to know as most compressors operate between 70 - 120psi. The issue I saw was that if your tool wouldn't release at the bottom end of the compressor range then you have try and bleed air out so it would repressurise the system.

Some additional questions to the other posted:

A. If you want to use the standard tool holding mechanism (R8 collets connected to drawbar with no preloaded washers) does your system need to be unbolted or can it slide out to allow access to the drawbar retainer nut?

B. Spindle loading on video. This is not so much a question but an observation of the video produced. In the video your dial indicator is used to show the mechanism deflection when activated. I put it to you that this is an invalid test as there is no tool being drawn up into the spindle taper, thus no load being imparted to the system.

Are you able to repeat the video test with a tool? I could do a test locally for a tool being inserted with the standard system (rotating the drawbar with an allen key) and compare the deflection results. Assumption is that loads equivalent or less are acceptable.

/Michael

here it is video:
    http://www.syil.net/en/productShow.asp?id=512

Did I miss something, this looks like the same video to me with no tooling??

I was checking the price for the power drawbar $1200 and the atc $2000

Could you confirm something, does the $2000 incluse the full package, power drawbar and atc unit?

Quote Originally Posted by fidia View Post
    I was checking the price for the power drawbar $1200 and the atc $2000

Could you confirm something, does the $2000 incluse the full package, power drawbar and atc unit?
    more details you better consult syilnorthamerica.com
    keith will get back to you.

I think it would be WAY more effective to post the answer here...

you can visit our forum to see,some body have been post it.

It has been finalised that it will be a table mounted ATC same as in the video.

hhere it is video:
    http://www.syil.net/en/productShow.asp?id=512

Is it possible to order a longer table when ordering an X5 to give extra travel fot the ATC?

That's the same link from March - anything NEW to report? Any further updates on the ATC and its release date?

The ATC is the same as in the video

http://webmail.oceanfree.net/cgi-bin...2&goto=newpost

Quote Originally Posted by fidia View Post
    The ATC is the same as in the video

http://webmail.oceanfree.net/cgi-bin...2&goto=newpost

i saw them,you better contact www syil.ca for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    ding
    As in it's fully cooked, and ready for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by mcphill View Post
    As in it's fully cooked, and ready for sale?
    yes,it is have been in sales.and syil northamerica have sold around 20 kits.

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    yes,it is have been in sales.and syil northamerica have sold around 20 kits.
    Good start. When will it be posted on the syil site with details, pricing, list of what's included, etc? This doesn't "cut it":

http://www.syil.ca/index.php?option=...d=56&Itemid=55

Quote Originally Posted by mcphill View Post
    Good start. When will it be posted on the syil site with details, pricing, list of what's included, etc? This doesn't "cut it":

http://www.syil.ca/index.php?option=...d=56&Itemid=55
    you need call keith to konw the everything.
    thank you

Page 2 of 2 12