586,117 active members*
3,442 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Memory

Memory

I have a new Citizen A220 and turned a .5 sphere. I would like to do some simple engraving on the sphere. I wrote a program in Mastercam, edited the posted program to work in the Citizen and made it into a subprogram. The program is somewhat long, not terribly, and I can't get it all to load into the control. Is there any way to run a program with any significate size on this machine?

Hi,

Check your compos page under parameters for a option known as "program pre analysis check" - or something like that.

If this is active the machine will precheck the program for syntax errors etc and the program size will be limited by the memory buffer. To turn off press set and deselect, recall your program in prog select mode and try again. When this is not checked the limitation is removed I think. When this option is active the programs run 1 or 2 secs quicker

good luck

Thanks, I have seen that switch and I'll give it a try. I find it hard to believe this new control would have such a limitatation with it's memory capacity. Thanks for your help.

Memory sizes that come with the machine are options, your control may not have the right option enabling you all the extra memory you want.
    Citizen really doesnt like to give away anything they can potentially charge you for :P