586,469 active members*
3,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Jinan xyz-tech equipment and type3 configuration

Post Jinan xyz-tech equipment and type3 configuration

hello

i have problem configuring my machine with the type3 software
    it is a 1200x2400x120 dimensions and in the type3 software i chose the iso isel machine but don't know what configuration to enter are they need to start from -100 to 1300
    -100 to 2500
    -120 to 0
    or some other configuration, also when make the selected text for engraving and when i go to machinig for generating the g-code , i don't know what parameters to enter for this type of machine, and i have a DSP 0501 for running the machine in DSP i have configured the pulse equivalent 127,3 127,3 400

Have a nice day

Hi Slav, Congratulations on your new machine.

Unfortunately, not too many people have had success with the Type3. We are led to believe it is an older version which can be buggy.

You could make your learning curve a whole lot easier by using Vectric Software. It is easy to learn and use. You can even do a free trial. Cut 2D from Vectric is low cost at only 125 Euro, and would be an excellent starter Software for you. Vectric even have a Forum for users.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr.../c2d_index.htm

The Post Processor that we use with Vectric is G-Code Arcs (mm) (.tap)

Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    Hi Slav, Congratulations on your new machine.

Unfortunately, not too many people have had success with the Type3. We are led to believe it is an older version which can be buggy.

You could make your learning curve a whole lot easier by using Vectric Software. It is easy to learn and use. You can even do a free trial. Cut 2D from Vectric is low cost at only 125 Euro, and would be an excellent starter Software for you. Vectric even have a Forum for users.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr.../c2d_index.htm

The Post Processor that we use with Vectric is G-Code Arcs (mm) (.tap)

Rocket.
    tnx for the suggestion i'll try the software

Smile

Configuring your machine in Type3 requests some basic logic.

First you need to know where is your absolute origin on your machine: Bottom left corner or other. Set then your working area at the size of your machine through the F10 options and the Material tab.

Next step, you have to set your postprocessing area.
    This is done from the Machining menu and selection of the properties of your installed machine.

Let's assume your absolute origin is located at the bottom left corner, the mini X and Y should be 0. Z mini should be how deep you expect to cut and then all the "maxi" the limits you gave of 1200x2400x120. Note Type3 converts for you the inches and millimeters so if you add "mm" or "in" after the value it does the conversion whatever unit you are working with.

To change the unit this is inside the F10 options too.

You can run machines with type3 from 3 differents ways, either by spooling using the windows driver, by creating a file to be printed, or outputting a CNC file that the controler of your machine will read (.cnc, TAP, NC....)

Greeko.

Dear friend, have you solved this type3 problem ? Maybe I can help you, I am engineer of CNC machine.

PE system

Roctech International Co., Ltd

Rm. 1907, Mingzhu International Business Center, #88 Jingyi Road, Jinan City, Shandong Province, P.R.China

Tel/Fax: 0086 531 8263 8829

http://www.roc-tech.com http://www.roc-tech.net
    Email : [email protected]

Yes mate i've solved this problem
    but it would be nice if you could help me how to make portrait picture in type 3 software
    what are the steps that i need to make, i've tried with the vectorize button but didn't give good results

Regards
    Slavco

2D or 3D machining then?

For 2D machining

If it is for 2D applications , there is a Picture module in the 2D editor.
    It looks like a camera.
    Select the picture then the camera icon and you will get the Photo mode.
    There are various settings to adjust.
    Once made you are getting a BMP modified that you can send to the CAM module and run with a plotting toolpath.