586,094 active members*
3,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 15 of 17 51314151617
    Can't you drill out the cap and re-tap for a standard size, higher quality fitting?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

That's a good question. I didn't even think about that. Drill out, re-tap, use standard fittings from either Agent Orange or The Smurfs.
    I would have to look and see what size O-rings are used inside the cover to know for sure if there is room for that though. I tend to doubt it, but until you look you don't know. I have two friends who ordered spindles with me as a group purchase, and the spindles are at the house of one of them and as yet I haven't seen them myself to know. I will keep everyone here apprised of the details as I follow up on this.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DonW View Post
    That's a good question. I didn't even think about that. Drill out, re-tap, use standard fittings from either Agent Orange or The Smurfs.
    I would have to look and see what size O-rings are used inside the cover to know for sure if there is room for that though. I tend to doubt it, but until you look you don't know. I have two friends who ordered spindles with me as a group purchase, and the spindles are at the house of one of them and as yet I haven't seen them myself to know. I will keep everyone here apprised of the details as I follow up on this.

Don
    I was going to drill and tap mine up to a normal size, but tried to replace them first with larger ones. The local shop said most Chinese manufacturers even use there own "metric" non standard threads since they figure no one will be replacing certain parts. unable to find replacements, i ordered the correct tubing and seems to work just fine. I didnt drill them up because the small orings that are inside. Didn't want to risk a leak. Tried to take the back of the spindle off, but it was on there pretty well even with all the bolts off. I just left it as is.

Where did you order the correct sized tubing? China? Canada? Europe? McMaster-Carr?

BTW...diyengineer - I ordered the cable from igus. It turns out they are located ten minutes from me, so I just went over and picked it up.
    The next day, I went to All Star Adhesives to pick up some vacuum gasket material, and they are only twenty minutes away. Apparently, I'm in the right area for some of this stuff!

Thanks,

Don

Where did you order the correct sized tubing? China? Canada? Europe? McMaster-Carr?

Thanks,

Don
    Sorry, by "ordered" i meant i traveled to home depot. lol.

BTW...diyengineer - I ordered the cable from igus. It turns out they are located ten minutes from me, so I just went over and picked it up.
    The next day, I went to All Star Adhesives to pick up some vacuum gasket material, and they are only twenty minutes away. Apparently, I'm in the right area for some of this stuff!

Thanks,

Don
    lol! You are in a good area haha! How do you like the allstar products? i am going to order up a bunch fairly soon!

The All Star adhesives products are terrific. They have all kinds of great stuff there. It's a family owned and operated business, and they are terrific people. If you son't see what you're looking for, chances are they can make it. Need a wider tape? No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    Sorry, by "ordered" i meant i traveled to home depot. lol.
    Ah..interesting. The tubing we found at Home Depot (aka Agent Orange) was either too small or too big, so we just ordered the correct size from McMaster Carr - Part# 5958K14, should anyone else need to order the stuff. Cheap too! $13 for a 100' roll.

Don

Cool on finding 8x6mm tubing. My local industrial hose and tubing supplier claimed they could not get it. Strange.
    But since I live in Canada MM Carr is a non starter.
    My method seemed to work.
    Thanks for the information. I will keep it for next time.
    Dave

So we got them all running. Smooth...and very quiet compared to the Porter Cable router I was running. One of the guys had an issue with his water hose connector striping out though. Not sure if he tightened too hard, or if it's just a cheap part.

DonW
    Awesome.I am happy with mine too.
    Dave

What is everyone using for a wrench? I cant find a good ER20 wrench online for tightening and loosening.

Thanks.

Also,

Has anyone came up with a DIY spindle lock for these? I'd like to use a dial test indicator but the spindle doesn't lock! ideaS?

Results for Tool & Work Holding:ER Spanners is another option for spanners.

Anyone interested in a simple spindle lock for the 1.5/ 2.2 KW spindles?

I was thinking about making a batch of them. I want to be able to use my Dial test indicator and a few others items without the spindle wobbling all over.

Let me know! thanks!.

sorry to all who messaged me. My PM box was full!! Feel free to contact me now, i cleaned it out! I am finishing the design tonight and will start a new thread that will provide price, pictures, etc. I will a provide link shortly.

Thanks! :P

water pump for chinese spindle

i have a 0.8kw chinese water cooled spindle and i'm installing a wtaer pump for it using a pump/filter for aquariums.
    any idea what should be the water tank volume and the pump's power (liter/hour) so i could get the most efficient cooling system.
    if someone could give me the formula to calculate a water tank volume and a pump's power in relation with the spindle's specs.
    i would be much grateful
    btw this is my first post here among you fine people on this great forum

ben

What is the minimum speed that work well a 2.2 kW chinese spindle?
    This spindle and inverter :
    Thanks.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/125729-altcnc.html

With that inverter pictured, I believe 9000 rpm is where the torque starts to reduce significantly. If you get a more expensive Vector drive you will have a lower torque inflections.

Dave

Page 15 of 17 51314151617