586,075 active members*
3,999 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CTC Tools

Talking CTC Tools

Hi all,
    Any of you ever used CTC Tools based in Hong-Kong?
    There ER collet sets and holder are preaty cheap...
    Are they any good? Anybody own some?

Ta,
    RNR

My experiance.

I have ER-16 set from hk tools. Just got 'em a week or so ago. Took too long as they took off for their New Years for about two weeks or more. Haven't had a chance to evaluate them. Look OK to visual, but haven't check 'em for concentricity yet. I now get e-mail from CTC tools and think it the same outfit. But not real sure. Hope this helped.
    Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering

Hi krutch,
    Thant you for your reply! Could you let me know once you tested them?

I ordered a set of ER25... Probably take a couple of weeks to get to me I Guess...

RNR

ER's

I don't know when I will be able to test them. I have obligations which keep me from daily shop time. If you already ordered them, you wont need to wait for me to qualify 'em.
    BTW, I looked on the package label and hk tools seems to be a different org. Both are advertised being from Hong Kong, so I believe them to be from the same mfg. source. But who knows.
    Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering

can you post the details for hk tools? ctc tools are now ignoring me and have had no communication for 2 weeks.,
    Machinists do it with greater precision and less tolerance!

purchased many times from them, never a problem.
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

so have many of my friends. this is really killing me. won't reply to emails.........

I've looked for the shipping and packing silp on the HK ER collets and was unable to find it. I believe the info made it to the burner during a cleanup of the shop last month. That clean up cost me a manual for the Clausing lathe also. I had made the purchase through Ebay and they should have the address and contact info. The collets came in plain boxes with stickers marking the various sizes but no company info.
    Hope Ebay can help you.

Krutch
    Mentally confused and prone to wandering!!

I spoke to a lady in hong kong yesterday, spoke very little english but she recognised the name of the guy Johst Heine, took my number and she is asking Johst to call me.

Fingers crossed, I've heard of paypal horror stories.

Here are the details:

Hong Kong Contact:
    HK Office Address:
    Room 13, 13/F, World Wide Industrial Centre,
    43-47 Shan Mei Street, Fotan, Shatin, NT,
    Hong Kong
    Tel: (852) 26010677
    Fax: (852) 26921733
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

thank you, I think that was the number I phoned yesterday. They have till 31 May to respond to the claim, looks like I will just have to wait it out

ctc=nice stuff

My mill has an MT2 taper M10 thread self eject drawbar and I couldn't find tooling for it anywhere in the US.
    Found CTC tools on the usual auction site and gave them a try. No way can they be making this stuff for what they are selling it for, but the quality is first rate.
    Guess I might have got a little carried away....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ctc mt2.jpg  

No issues with the stuff I have bought from them (ER32 collets, MT3 chuck and spanner).

I give em a flogging on the mill. So far so good.

Watched their progress on DHL site as they moved from one point to the next. It actually took longer to get to me from Melbourne (200 Km) than the rest of the journey (including customs) from abroad. Go figure!!!!!!!!

Would happily purchase thru them again. I havent had to personally contact them about any issues, so I cant comment about that side of things.
    Just some random canvas guy

hi, i would be interested to find out what accuracy these tools advertise (e.g. a er 32 collet holder) and if anybody checked it. thanks.

I have purchased CTC items and have found no problem with any of them. Actually they have the "exact" markings on them as the tools I have purchased from a tool and machinery supplier here in Australia, (Who will remain un-named) but at less than half the price.
    The last CTC items I purchased, I carefully compared them to an Australian distributors prices from their catalog. CTC was a combined price including freight of $209Au. The Australian Distributer was $545Au for the same items. And I regard the Australian distributer as being the cheapest store front to purchase tooling from and yet they were still more than double the price.

Quality so far has not been an issue.

Chich

Unhappy Stuff is ok but company has serious communication issues

CTC Tools simply does not reply to emails - and for that very reason I would think twice about big ticket item purchases. Speaking from experience, if something goes wrong with the purchase good luck.

I have purchased off them for a few years now and in that time I have only had 2 problems which where fixed up strait away after contacting him by email.
    One was a cosmetic flaw and he either offered for me to send it back or a partial refund, so I took the refund. The other was a mis manufactured tool which he paid shipping back and sent a replacement to me.

I know he goes everywhere to tool expo's etc so he might be tied up there. I don't think he has anyone else answering emails, at least not that I know about.

I would have no problem recommending him to anyone, and all us guys in Australia buy from him because he is cheap as Jatt and Chich say.
    He is an honest seller and sends the tools registered post and they usually turn up in 7-10 days here.

Dave