586,645 active members*
2,643 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > resetting fields

resetting fields

Is there a setting that will reset all fields in the process tiles to a default? I have a bad habit of forgetting to change the speed or the doc. If they all had to be set eveytime I started a new tool, this would save me some walking.

Create a part file, name it New Mill Part and save this file into the folder that Gibbs is installed in. Whatever settings you have when you save this part will be the default when you create new part files. That includes stock, tools, processes, etc... . If you decide you want different defaults when starting a new file you can always make changes to New Mill Part and resave it. If you need to make mass changes to feeds & speeds then use the Change Feeds and Speeds plug-in the the HSM folder in the plug-in menu.

You can do the same thing for lathe parts, just call the part file New Lathe Part.

yeah, ive done that. I mean is there a way to make a default setting for all the process info, ie; the rpm for T11 when thread milling is 450, if I have another threading op with a diferent tool it will be set to the last rpm prgrmd.Or if im using the contour tile for one tool and I hit DOIT the next time I use the contour tile it will be at the same rpm as the last time I used that process tile. I would like it to be set to zero or some other default so that I am forced to change it for every op.

Other than the default part method, there isn't anyway as far as I know that will always keep a default value in the dialog boxes. This is an issue with other Gibbs users on the Gibbs message board too. GibbsCam 2005 is coming out in about a month and there are some big changes with operation and process management. You can already set default global values for tolerances, so default settings in the process tiles may be coming up.

Yeah, using that new part mill is great. I have three different files saved. I use one for workng on the table. One for the fourth axis and one for the fifth axis. Makes life easy when starting a new prgrm. I dont have to reset the toolchange pos, or the clearance plane.