586,116 active members*
3,440 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Heidenhain 151

I have a bridgeport CNC with a heidenhain 151 control I'am getting a alarm Measuring system defetive (A) AT one time I could power down and power back up and the alarm would go away. can not do that anymore? I have good 24vdc and good incoming 230vac. I swap X&Y motor cables to see if the alarm change but it did not? It would be nice if some could help Me out? Thanks Lee

Quote Originally Posted by rmanning View Post
    I have a bridgeport CNC with a heidenhain 151 control I'am getting a alarm Measuring system defetive (A) AT one time I could power down and power back up and the alarm would go away. can not do that anymore? I have good 24vdc and good incoming 230vac. I swap X&Y motor cables to see if the alarm change but it did not? It would be nice if some could help Me out? Thanks Lee
    I'm not a Heidenhain expert, but "measuring system" sounds like encoder. So, you might swap the encoder cables if this machine has linear encoders separate from the motor. When you get this alarm, does it still display the position readouts? If so, try moving each axis manually, if one of them shows no change in the coordinates, that is the bad one. If this system is old enough, there may be tiny light BULBS in the encoders, and one may have burned out. If you are good at micro surgery, you probably can get in there and replace with a "grain of wheat" bulb or even try to retrofit with an LED.

re

cable, light bulb or crap in the encoder. motor cable is not involved with the encoder.