Hello all,

i have recently acquired an old YAG laser 'on the cheap' which is set up for 3 phase WYE 415v and im trying to get some kind of phase converter to get it up and running from a domestic UK 240v supply. something preferable second-hand so i can sell it again if it doesnt work, with little financial risk!

i knew nothing about 3phase unitl now so have done a fair amount of reading on the subject of converters. ive already ruled out static and rotary converters for various reasons and it seems a digital converter is the way to go - however most of them seem to have advanced features specifically for driving motors.

i've now found this item ( see link) which seems to offer a 415v 50Hz 'fixed' output. im thinking that with filter this is likely the most suitable thing for me?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Anybody got any opinion on this matter?
will the output be anything close to a true 3-phase supply ?

i think the photo is of a smaller rated model which is suitable for 13amp plug.
the 10hp model would need to be hardwired to a 50amp ciruit breaker.

Obviously the laser transforms to DC at the business end, but its got a 3-phase coolant pump and various electronics at the 3-phase end so i figure more simple to convert my electrical power than (attempt to) convert the machine to run off single phase!

any opinions / experience most gratefully received.

regards

KPB