586,103 active members*
3,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 18mc parameter to release M19 on reset?

18mc parameter to release M19 on reset?

anyone know this parameter? to cancel spindle orient on machine reset? for an 18-mc?

i can't seem to find it

thanks
    - gwarble

I believe this would most likely be handled by the PLC. At least, it is on all the machines we sell.

I don’t think that there is a parameter for this but I will check the manual to make sure. You can break the M19 by programming a M3 or M4.

Stevo

thanks for the replies guys, i'll check if there is a PMC keep relay or the like for this setting... all my other machines (various MTB's and fanuc controls) will release the m19 orient upon reset...

i've been doing a bunch of research and parameter changing to get all my machines to operate from the operator level the same... so custom macros for machine behavior, since each MTB has their own idea of how they should act... two robodrills we got didn't even stop the spindle upon reset with factory settings... seems crazy to me

the other issue i'm running into is on a mori seiki which will not restart the spindle after stopping for an opt-stop or m00... without recommanding an m3...

part of my project has been to make using the machines identical, but also making a unified post so that code from any machine can be used on any machine in the shop... thats almost worked out, still have to address the g8p1 and g5.1q1 issues, but that should be easy to handle in a macro just havent got to it

anyway, that got long winded, but i'll check the MTB manual today

- gwarble

not MTB parameters to change this from what i can see... may be worth a call in to Hwacheon to see if its an unlisted PMC param

i don't see it being a fanuc-side param on any of the controls i have

thanks for the help
    - gwarble

This is usually controlled by a keep relay but you should be able to command a M20 to release the spindle. If you command M3 or M4 make sure you have an S0 to or your spindle will turn at the last programmed speed. I know there are a lot of broken indicators out there from people turning in the spindle with them in there.

thanks for the input guys...

there is no keep relay in the list that will accomplish this, but its not a big deal...

of course there are many ways to release the locked spindle, but none as easy as pressing the reset button, which is the way i have standardized all other machines in the shop (most were set up that way from various MTB's)

this machine is a hwacheon sirius-u if anyone has any specific knowledge

this would be for operator usage of course, we configure the post to accomplish this for any programs coming from the cam system or other manually coded ways... ie for offsetting tools i like to use:

M4S10
    M19
    M5

which will spin backwards slowly, then stop and orient... so the insert on a 3.0 shell mill will end up in the same place... and then i can "CCW" or "Spindle" to restart the spindle if i want to check the other inserts

- gwarble

If you look through the ladder, look for symbol ORRSTK. Then you can see if there is a keep relay that hasn't been listed which is tied to orientation reset key.

Meant to attach this JPG to last reply. Might look something like this where k0002.6 is the keep relay for orientation reset key.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

thanks man, i'll check the ladder today for this...
    - gwarble

i can see spindle orientation in the ladder but it doesn't have an ORSSTK in there... maybe i can add it in? from what i've heard the 18m ladder can be modified on the control?!? although its a little out of my realm, its something i'd like to learn so this would be a good reason to do a simple modification

thanks for your help, i did find ORSSTK very similar to your picture on another machine's spindle orientation ladder rung... a kitamura... i'll scan and post that for other people's reference

- gwarble