586,102 active members*
2,620 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Auto mode only after single block

Auto mode only after single block

My machine with a 21-TB can only enter in "full" auto mode, if I have single block on, and when some movement occurs if I turn off the single block machine continues as it should in full auto mode. This would be ok, if I would not have to press several times the "start" so that the first line of movement code appears (I normally put large headers in the code!).

This is some paramenter? It is for safety? or is just like that in your lathes (standard)?

This is my first Fanuc lathe, and I really do not like it as it is.

Thank you

If you have several lines of header, each having an EOB, then you will need to press start for each of these lines in single block mode. A block is a block regardless of what it contains. If it is particularly a problem, you could put a slash (/) at the start of each header line, and use block skip. However this may be a problem if you are using "/" elsewhere in your program.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozemale6t9 View Post
    However this may be a problem if you are using "/" elsewhere in your program.
    / is used for block skip as well as division. Since mid-block skip may also be allowed, there is likely to be a confusion regarding function of /. A very simple solution is to use square brackets to enclose division operation. For example, in place of #1 = #2 / 3, use #1 = [#2 / 3]. In the second case, / would always mean division, irrespective of block-skip switch setting.

I probably did not explained myself very well.

I know what is single block mode.
    What I expected to happen in my lathe, is that, when single block mode is not active and I am in MEM mode (auto), if I press start cycle, the cycle should start. In my machine it does not.
    I need to be on single block until some movement happens, and then I need to remove single block so that the machine goes on automatically. If I do not remove the single block, of course I need to press start cycle in each block (as expected).

Since this is my first fanuc lathe, I do not know if this is the way that is done standard.

On DNC, that does not happen and machine starts right on full auto.

Thanks

It appears to be ladder-related.

Incidently, the door should be fully closed for continuous operation in AUTO mode; otherwise it will execute in single-block mode.

Our 31i will behave as 'single block' if interrupted/restarted in the middle of a program. 'Emg.Release/Reset' button must be pressed to regain 'full' auto operation.

DP

Doesn't the RESET key cancel the execution?

I will have to check the ladder then.
    Thanks!