586,108 active members*
3,322 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > NM200 Coming 4-19 04 4-20 !

NM200 Coming 4-19 04 4-20 !

So I upgraded to a NM200 and very happy that I made the decision. It will be here Monday or Tuesday. If I had realized they were only 4 1/2 hours away I would have driven to go get it myself ! It would have been cool to check out the facility.

I ll post pictures and everything when it gets here !

Nice!! Yeah it would be great to have gone to the Novakon facility but it is alot farther than 4.5 hrs from Texas.

Just a little closer !

Yeah I would have loved to check it out. Maybe when the ATC comes out, I'll drive across to check it out.

Machine is here !

I ll have some pictures soon.

Three big boxes.

For those of you who wonder, you can fit this through a 36" wide door with a little bit of hassle. But it fits.

Now to get it on the table.

Very excited !

Pics pics pics! My next Machine.

Congrats man!!! I can't wait to see it!!

Did you get the Series 1 or the new Series 2?

I purchased a Series 1.1

I waiting for the upgrade to a 6000 rpm spindle assembly. When it comes available I ll add that to the machine. Also there was talk of a ATC and power draw bar down the road. I ll be game for those as well. This is a really nice machine so far.

I haven't messed with any settings on it yet. But the spindle rpm is off according to the tach on back of the machine compared to Mach3 ( it says 20xx rpm Mach 3 and its actually 4049 rpm on the back of the machine ).

I ran a quick program for another machine I have and it ran fine. I just realize I ll have to set dwell times for the spindle to reach speed. Other then that. Ran great.

I have a few things to check before I do anything else. But all in all it seemed great !

Here is a quick picture.

Oh hell yea, please keep us updated. This is going to be my next Mill purchase. Please keep going with this thread

-Jason

From another post from me.

So far for the 10 minutes I ran the machine today I am happy.

Only a slight bit of issues with assembly. Nothing crazy.

1. The holes for the coolant tank were wrong. It needs to be welded and a new hole drilled.

2. The 4th axis female receptacle was clocked the wrong way , it wouldn't allow you to connect the male side , it has to be turned 90 degrees.

3. The front of the splash guard needed to have two holes elongated so it would fit properly.

4. Spindle speed needs to be calibrated ( nothing big ).

That's it for now.

I am happy with the machine. I fit it through a 36 " wide door. So those who wonder, it can be done. I had a rigger company get the machine up on the stand because the hoist I had wouldn't lift it. ( *edit* This is the machine off the skid. )

It took me about 3 hours to assemble the machine after it was on the stand. The first try I thought man, whats going on , it wont power up. But I forgot to flip the breaker ( lol ).

So everything pretty much out of the box seems to be working right now as of the few minutes I had it running today.

** Only other thing I noticed was the drawbar seems to be too short to function **

I plan on mounting the monitor to the back of the machine on a arm and possibly the keyboard and mouse as well. As you can see from the picture I don't have alot of room to work with. The monitor and keyboard currently are sitting on a roll cart for the time being.

My drawbar was too short until I milled .100" or so off the collar that screws onto the top of the spindle. The supplied drill chuck arbor is shorter than my collets. I sized the cut to get 5+ thread engagement.

.100 off it huh.... I'll have to check mine.

I have about 4 threads with .100 cut. I ll cut a little more off it and see.

I ran the machine yesterday through a program twice, cutting air. No problems other then the top of the spindle head door popped open. I had to machine the screw down and I am going to machine it a little more so the knob will actually turn farther and not vibrate open again.

Other then that. So far so good.