587,006 active members*
2,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Too good to be true?

I saw some posts by "shanny1125" on this forum and she has been advertising Jinan JCUT CNC machines. I clicked on the link in one of her signatures and saw some machines that I saw on eBay for a higher price.

http://chinajcut.en.made-in-china.co...UT-1325A-.html

That one is $6000 ($3000 on the site) is eBay and it ships from China and this one is almost $3000 ($1700 on the site) on eBay

http://chinajcut.en.made-in-china.co...UT-6090A-.html

Are these machines too good to be true? I think it's a little suspicious that they both ship from China but they have drastically different pricing. Has anyone bought any of these machines from this seller?

There seems to be some pretty intense competition among the Chinese Suppliers at the moment.

Agree the prices on the Website are extremely low.

I would be a bit leary of the NC Studio Control System. IMO the DSP System is the better of the two.

Also be careful about Collet sizes. The small machine shows as ER11A Collets which are very small. You would be better off with ER20 Collets.

I do not think it is too good to be true. The Chinese machines are extremely good value. Not perfect - but not bad either.

You would also need to be careful about Shipping Rorts. Obtain an accurate estimate of all costs before placing an order, preferably from your local Customs Broker/ Receiver.

Rocket.

I ordered a 1336 from them, and asked for specs. As part of the quote, they sent me the exact picture as the 1325C picture on the site you have posted here. I was told mine will be exactly the same, only longer, from 2500mm to 3600mm. I OK'ed the deal, and sent the money. I received a J-CUT 1336, the actual exact same one that is pictured on the web. You will see the machines are different, I did not get what they quoted. On arrival, this model looked good, but the moment it was opened up and set up to work, the problems appeared.

My problems are, the bellows are absolutely crap, they fold up on itself. The tracks have large slots for the bellows to slide in, the bellows too thin for the slots. I complained, they sent others, but also way wrong. The lot still jam up when the gantry moves. There are no covers on the spindle, the welds are crap, the machine paint from a spraycan, already peeling off and rusting. The machine is so low on the ground, you have to stand on your knees to work on the bed. The t-slots are some thin aluminium extrusion, no industry standard t-slot nuts slide in them. Not 6mm, not 8mm, I need to make custom t-slot nuts. I ordered limit switches on both sides of all 3 axis, it came with one side only. In short, the machine is built ROUGH.

I know I bought a Chinese machine, but this is the lower end of the Chinese quality scale. The other machines on the forum are MUCH BETTER LOOKING, MUCH BETTER FINISHED. Even SkyGazer's 1836 is much better. I get the impression Jinan JCUT is some back-end workshop operating in the same area in Jinan where the rest are made, only these are made as backyard copies. They have the similar design as the better quality machines, but definately not the same quality or finish.

I cannot complain about the service from their sales lady, Lily, she did her best to deal with me, she helped me out when I wanted additional electrical items to better finish off my machine. Her Boss seems to be the rather unaccomodating one.

I would NOT recommend this company, if you are going to pay everything in advance. I would pay only 25% advance, an additional 25% when they send you a STACK of pictures, another 25% with receipt of the BOL, and the last 25% when the machine arrives as ordered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Machine.JPG   Some bellows too narrow, they drop into channel.JPG   No spoilboards like JCUT-1325C.JPG   No cover like JCUT-1325C.JPG  

Bellows jamming up.JPG   What I was supposed to get.jpg   On Arrival.jpg  

Smile The Proof is in the Pudding

Hobbycad, That is sad to see.

Unfortunately, on Forums such as this - people will see it as representative of the quality of machine coming out of China, although it is certainly not.

Almost looks like cost cutting in the case of your machine. Might explain a private message i received a few days back where the writer claimed that Taney`s price was almost double the amount of another quote. We can now see why!

Maybe your supplier needs to understand that while price is important, quality of product will make or break a business.

We have dealt with 2 suppliers of cnc routers in China. Excitech and Jinan Quick. They are both well built, sturdy, reliable machines. I favour Jinan Quick due to the superior service from Taney at Quick.

I hope as time goes by, many more machine buyers will post about their new machines from China in order to give other potential buyers first hand knowledge of what to expect from different suppliers.

Price aint everything.

Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    Unfortunately, on Forums such as this - people will see it as representative of the quality of machine coming out of China, although it is certainly not. Almost looks like cost cutting in the case of your machine.
    I agree, I can guarantee reader of this thread that the problem is from this Jinan J-CUT company. They are advertising "cheap" machines, but they are not good quality. If only I had ordered from Jinan Quick, their machines look a 100% better. I've seen some of the pictures posted of machines received, a lot better finished off than my J-CUT machine.

I hope this post has educated some prospective buyers. I also hope the guys at Jinan J-CUT read this post, and get their act together. They have a long way to go, before getting any close to Jinan Quick quality.

HobbyCAD, man I feel for you, I would be frightened to tighten anything up on those T Slots- looks like they'd snap on the first turn of the spanner. Did you pay on credit card? you might be covered by the consumer protection act (basically if you didn't get what you ordered you're not liable to pay).
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

I have voiced my complaints to Jinan J-Cut, and I am pleased to report, they are providing good support now. Most of the issues have been adressed. Now lets see if the machine can maintain it's accuracy, as it's being worked about 4 hours a day.