586,106 active members*
2,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 0-MD 9xx parameters locked... auto corner override can't be re-enabled

0-MD 9xx parameters locked... auto corner override can't be re-enabled

so i looked up and turned off the "auto corner override" optional feature on a 0-MD controlled chevalier vmc 2033 to try to improve performance... obviously that was a big mistake as performance got worse (as expected really), what i didn't expect...

i also did this on a 0-MC and was able to re-enable it, but somehow this feature is locked on the 0-MD and i am unable to re-enable this feature, setting the appropriate bit (which i won't post here but i'm confident it's the right bit) to 1 is impossible, it resets to 0 immediately

any help?

thanks
    - gwarble

0MD control comes with either option package A or option package B. Very minimum on what options you can add to a 0D control.

maybe as it was originally sold, but options can still be purchased individually and disabled normally... we purchased macro B for this machine, and added # of tool offsets and # of programs, and i disabled a couple others i didn't want on the machine

i'm thinking there is a fanuc-only procedure for some of them, which means they will want to send someone out to re-enable it, which $ucks

- gwarble