586,105 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Decimal point in a comment?

Hello,

We have a Cincinnatti Sabre fitted with Fanuc 0M and a Feeler lather fitted with Fanuc 0T and both these machines have a problem with putting a decimal point (or even a full stop or period) in a bracketed comment. It simply doesn't happen when you are inputting a c comment while standing at the machine no matter how much stab at the decimal point key (and before you ask, we need to do this so we can call down programs from the server directly from the machine).

My hope would be that this is a simple parameter setting and some kind soul is going to help me out by pointing me to the right place to make a change so I can happily input

(O1234.TAP)

into my DNC control program

Many thanks

Bob

The only reference I can find to decimal point input is prm0016 bit 3, and it doesn't say anything about decimal point or period within a comment.

What DNC software are you using? Does it not have a "default" extension that will allow you to omit the ".tap"?

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    What DNC software are you using? Does it not have a "default" extension that will allow you to omit the ".tap"?
    Thanks for the response. We use NCNet V7 from CADEM and after scouring the online manual, I don't think so. There is an option to summon a program from the server using the X address in the DNC Control program but this would mean changing all the programs for these machines to remove the file extension. That is the plan of last resort.

There must be a way of inputting a full stop (or decimal point) into a comment I'm sure. The problem is that this control is so old getting support isn't easy, hence my post.

I'll check out that parameter and I;ll be mindful of what else might get broken if I change it.

An OTA and OTB control ignores comments.I think the OTC is the first version to accept them.
    Mark.

Thanks for that Mark. I have just had a look at a Feeler lather we have with Fanuc 0T on and that doesn't even have a means of inputting comments at the control. It looks like I am going have completely restructure the program libraries for these machines if I want to use remote DNC.

i guys if you want to hack the Instagram account and you don't know how to hack instagram https://instahacker.xyz then don't worry you can read our article about hacking and learn how to hack Instagram account hack thank you