587,442 active members*
3,005 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Question Multicam 3000 - servo ERROR

Hi,

I work in a university and we have a Multicam 3000 CNC router. I managed to troubleshoot that one of the two X-servo motors is faulty. When "homing" the machine, the motor turns but bombs out after a few seconds with an error; (Encoder signal problem, confirm motor connection sealed properly. check for visible cable damage).

What could the problem be. I contacted Multicam South Africa and they mentioned that it could be the reduction gearbox.

Help?

Thank you,

Regards..
    Ugan ( South Africa)

Need Help with Multicam

Try these steps 1st.

1. shut down your machine and open your control cabinet.

2. Inside the control cabinets you will see the servo amps that control the servos for X,Y and Z, they are most likely red and black in color, Tecknic drives, maybe Yasawaka.

3. Turn you machine on again and try to find Home again.

4. After it faults out check the servo amp, for a blink code, the drive that faults out will blink a certain number of times, pause and repeat the same blink code.

Let me know that that blink code is being shown.

Hi,

The first time I homed the machine there was a blink count 5 ( tracking shut down, tracking limit exceeded, confirm feed ok for bit)

and I recently got a different error: blink count 7 (Encoder signal problem, confirm master conx sealed properly. check visble cable damage)

We did not use the machine for 3 weeks over the vacation and Durban has a very high humid climate.

Could the encoder be damaged due to humidity? If so then can I only repair the encoder?

Thank you Kindly

Hi,

The Multicam was fitted with a Chinese MCG motor (Part no: 3483-ME4697-F). It's seems that the encoder (absolute; model:CC) is manufactured with the motor. I have tried to source the encoder but I did not have any luck..

What can I do?

Need Help with Multicam

Lets take care of the blink count 5 first, to make sure that the gantry is not out of square. Try these steps to square the gantry.

Take off your side covers, and the bolts we are looking for are 6mm bolts, if you are looking directly at the motors, take your hand reach straight in,until your feel the support on your finger tips, turn the palm of your hand to face up. At that point move your hand up until you feel the head of the bolts, these are the ones that you need to loosen. There are 4 of these bolts on each side of the machine. Depends on your machine, there maybe 2 insides of the cover area and two on the outside, going up into the gantry.

DO NOT TOUCH THE MOTORS!

Now that you have loosen the bolts. the gantry can now pivot a
    little.

Have the machine find home. shift key green0/0

After it finds home

tighten one bolt on one side of the machine, then walk to the other side and tighten the diagonal opposite, just like you were tightening a tire.

You have now tighten 2 bolts

Move the gantry back a couple of inches.

Find home again and repeat the process.

You have now tighten 4 bolts.

Move the gantry back again.

Find home again

This time tighten all the remaining bolts.

It should be square at this point, easy way to check after you have found home, put your hand on the gantry....and hit E-stop, if the gantry is not square you will feel the gantry kick.

i know it kind of long....but I hope this will help.

Let me know what happens after you have done this procedure.