586,065 active members*
4,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Mazak Quick Turn Universal, T-1 Wont Start Up

I have a Mazak Quick Turn Universal with a T-1 Control, It was running fine with the only issue being that every now and then it would shut down like I hit the control off switch. I would then hit the control on switch, re zero and it would run fine again. Well, it shut off, but this time it will not restart, when I push the control on button the contactors in the back panel will react but not stay engaged. if I hold in the on button, the fans will run and stay running and a few lights will come on as long as I hold the button in but as soon as I let go it all shuts down again. I do not have any schematics for the machine but I thought I would try and see if anyone has any ideas before I purchase them.

Thanks in advance for any help
    Phil

You have a short in something hooked to the control. Do not hold in the on button for any length of time. The power supply is shutting down because of the short. Holding it on may end up damaging the control power supply. The easiest way to troubleshoot this is to start disconnecting connectors from the control unit and powering on. Once you can power on and it stays on you know it is something on that connector and you will have to trace it down further. Check the cable for the foot switch. It is very common that it becomes shorted because it is run across the floor and gets stepped on or run over by a forklift.

Thanks

Exclamation

I have the same exact machine with the same exact problem, Thanks to this post i will check all wire. and see if that fixes it. also i have copies of the programing and mait. Manuels. Make me an offer for the manuels i hope i can fix my machine. -Mike PM me if interested in the manuels

So, is it fixed???

I have another exact same machine with the exact same problem. what did you guys come up with?

Same problem here. We just paid to "repair" the 24v power supply in an attempt to fix the same symptoms as described above.

QT-10N, control on button will not stay on.