586,117 active members*
3,400 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Rhino 3D > Rhinocam vs. Onecnc mill express

Rhinocam vs. Onecnc mill express

Hi all,

I've just purchased Rhino 3.0 and have done online demos with both rhinocam and onecnc express.

They seem similar from a beginners perspective, although the office style format and wizards in onecnc seem like they would ease the learning curve.

I am looking to perform mostly 2D work involving shell inlays until I get a good grasp on the software, then move to 3D for guitar parts.

This is somewhat a repeat of a prior post, since I may have been in the wrong forum.

Any pro's or cons for either?
    You can view my web site for handcut examples at www.bordeauxinlay.com , although initially I will be primarily trying to do simple lettering fonts.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul Bordeaux

I have RhinoCam but know nothing of OneCNC.
    A feature of RhinoCam that I REALLY like is the ability to alter the CAD drawing while in the middle of setting up a toolpath. This is a feature Mecsoft mentions in their sales literature and yes, it does make editing on the fly and/or correcting previously unnoticed mistakes much easier...none of the aggravation of toggling between applications.
    Again I know nothing about OneCNC so this feature may not be that unique, but it is nice.
    The learning curve isn't bad either, even the process icons are set up left-to-right in the order of their use so it is not difficult to stay on track.

Beautiful work you do there!