586,106 active members*
3,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VELOX CNC

VELOX CNC

I am a machinist with 26 years of CNC experience. I have wanted to have a CNC router for many years.

I have been running a million dollar G & L horizontal boring mill, so I have many questions regarding a much smaller machine.

I have spent considerable time pouring over all of the information on the WEB about different makes and models of routers.

This is a big time purchase for me. I can't afford to make a bad decision on where to buy my CNC router.

I have been dealing with Ron at VELOX CNC, he has been great to deal with and has responded quickly and patiently to all my question.

Stay tuned, I will be giving my honest review of the VELOX CNC, Reviews are desperately need. with so many little know companies out there and the fact that a CNC for most of us is a major purchase. Many of us need these reviews to guide them to the right Company to buy from.

John G

Re: VELOX CNC

Thanks! Looking forward to an up to date review. Especially with your experience!

ask them to sending you pictures about details

with your past experience you going ot make better decision than any recommendation..

check for rails.. what rails built in?
    check for how gantry made, example rails are on gantry should be same distance as the Z movement up n down

on the table on the long side as the gantry riding, the blocks should be as far from each other than the table across per 4
    example a 4 feetwide table the blocks should placed at least 12 in... some manufacturer makes 16 in..

check on spindle
    what spindle they offer, a 4x8 table need at least 2.2 kw, 3 kw better..

handheld routers are noisy and you get permanent fixing with them
    spindles are hold several years without real maintenance..
    consider you might get very annoyed if your router louder than the machine you work on all day..

check control, if it is mach3 will they give you a full license and the xml file, what need according with mach3..

check if they give you a handheld pendant.. for mach3 you could have wireless pendant.. for jogging, zeroing speed control and feed override..

check on if you have option adding later a rotary attachment.. without adding more driver in the controlbox.. simply just wiring up the 4th axis..

but again, what works for one, for others might don't accept..

you got used possible 1000 ipm rapid.. not all router capable for..
    you going to feel your router racing with snail :-)

pull up ebay, alexpress, alibaba and many other sites.. pull up brand names you know from this forum.. compare prices.. look for how they built..

just get more info on..

I took the plunge and order my CNC router from Velox CNC located in Orange California. This was after many hours of reading online searching for the best machine for me.

This is a big purchase for me. I can't afford to make a bad choice.

I was wanting a Machine well made in the United States , something smaller 24x24 and I wanted to be under $6000.

What really made the decision easier for me was that Velox is selling their routers at Woodcraft. This is validation that they have a quality product.

I went with their 24W 24x24 cnc router cutting video - dovetails - woodcraft

Both Ron and Curtis at Velox have been great to deal with and were happy to answer my many questions.

The machine has a 4 to 6 week build time.

Now...patiently waiting...

I Ordered my Velox 24w earlier his year but had little time to spend with the Machine.

I now feel I have spent enough time running it to express my opinion.

I have to say that the folks at Velox were great to deal with and had no problem answering my many questions.

I Love my Velox CNC!! It has a small footprint but it is a very heavy well built ridged machine.

Also very impressed with the Packing of the machine ....arrived on time and in perfect condition. The machine ran flawlessly right out of the gate. No issues..NONE!

If you wanted a smaller machine as I did you definitely want to consider this machine. I almost bought a Shark but want something better built. This is the most expensive tool purchase I have ever made so I tried to do as much research as I could. Not Much out there regarding Velox , Just want to let people know that they make a great machine.

I will be making video about the machine soon. Again just think it's important to keep each other informed.

John G