586,104 active members*
3,373 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma canned cycle for text??

Okuma canned cycle for text??

I ran into a situation where I need to be able to engrave lot numbers on a product line for traceability. The problem is that the number will change every time they run a new order. Does Okuma have any kind of canned cycle for text that would allow the operator to load the lot# as a variable? If not, does anyone have any sugestions? The lot# would be a 6 digit number. Thanks, Steve

You can offer a bag of $ to Okuma or to some CAM company, sure. Fortunately, You need just one size line "0 ... 9" characters.
    Here is how we do it:
    1. Design of characters using CAM software (I love ADMAC, some prefer Master CAM) so, that You don't need to change the size.
    2. Convert the shape to GM code relative coordinate. ADMAC uses arcs, that's why I love it.
    3. create subprogram for each character. Relative coordinate, don't forget!
    4. Make part counter in Your part program, use variables for each separate decimal place. You need to have User Task 2 in the machine specification. Hope, You have it.
    5. use [if] statement to see, what subprogram to call according to the counter place value respectively.

If You will work with excel on Your character shape GM codes, You can insert some rates (coefficients) there and then You can to change the font size

Look at this thread for a start
    serializing numbers

A little work needed to serialize