586,119 active members*
3,420 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 5M Problem will not run nc or mdi

Fanuc 5M Problem will not run nc or mdi

Machine-3 axis howa sangyo mill fanuc 5m general numeric cabinet. The spindle start switch is manually operated, no tool changer, no spindle speed, no coolant control.
    I think this all started when the 5ti 1029 sequencer died several weeks ago, I was running a program, left the machine for a couple minutes when I heard what sounded like a small relay click. After returning to the machine it was still on but when I hit cycle start it would not move. The cycle start button will stay on, but nome of the axis will move, I cannot even manuall jog the axis when the cycle start is on. It is like it is waiting for something.. I replaced the 5ti with one I found on ebay, the program was still in my prom and the inputs and outputs were working with the plc. Still no machine nc control, does the same thing. Now the plc is recieving inputs bu the outputs that were functioning are no longer working- it's but those were never used anyway (spindle flood- are manually operated) It will load a program as normal and I can see the first block is there. I have the operator's manual and the maintenance manual and cannot find anything that helps diagnose this issue. Checked all voltages appear ok, no alarms no limits.
    There is only one output block that is connected to some relays that connect to the control board. I have powerd them with no change in situation.
    Looking at having to replace this machine if I cannot fix this issue.
    Is there anyone with any kind of similar experience that would kindly guide in a direction.
    It would be greatly appreciated and I may build a shrine of popsicle sticks in your honor.
    thanks
    eric

It IS waiting for something, It may not be getting a READY signal back from the servos or the sequencer. That may be caused by a triggered limit switch, or tool changer not in its proper position. the drawbar probably has a swich to detect that it is locked. machine will not move if this is not locked, things to check! good luck.
    arnie