587,006 active members*
3,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > ArtCam Pro > How to made material transparent ?

How to made material transparent ?

Hello,
    First of all sorry for my English.

I'm working with artcam 2008 and using it to make little reliefs in wood , I do a relief and apply a light and material to the relief and a color to the background and then I get a pretty clean relief, the reliefs has the material and light I choose and the color background is the surface outside the relief, this what I want it's perfect.
    But when I want to machine the relief in the toolpaths area I must set a a material thickness and then the plain surface betwen the reliefs and the model limits gets the relief light and material, and then I have a square with the same light and material with the reief in the center.

I want to machine the model but maintain the clean relief, can I do it ?
    Can anyone help me.

Thanks

Here are two images about it

In the first image I have the clean relief I want to use, in the second image the relief is extended when I use a thickness material to machine the relief, this change can't be undone, if I delete the material and toolpats the extended relief remais. I need to use the clean shape and I need machine the relief, can I do this?, Any Idea ?

Thanks again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg   Image2.jpg  

The only way I've been able to get it is to set the z-zero of the material to the bottom. Then the model gives you what you're looking for. However, that is not a good way to do it, and I don't know of any other.

Click on toolpath tab > machine relief > go to top of page: Area to Machine, click on Automatic boundary. This will allow you to machine only the relief model. This option might not be available in your version of Artcam though. HTH

I'm using the George Brown way, it works fine to me, it's all I want.

I'm amazed about your replies, I post the message on 03-22-2010 and today 04-26-2010 one month later I receive two replies. What's happened.?

Thanks for you reply.