586,077 active members*
4,035 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Mori Seiki SL-15 1989 X axis Ball Screw

Mori Seiki SL-15 1989 X axis Ball Screw

Need help with a Mori Seiki SL-15 1989 (x axis ball screw)

Trying to take the x axis ball screw out and having trouble. I don't have a manual and can't figure it out.
    The thrust bearings are out and the nut is loose but the screw will not pull out of the support bearing. Removed everthing with out taking the turret off but can not understand what would keep the screw from pulling out. If anyone has ever done this or has a manual please let me know. [email protected]
    Thanks

You need to remove the ball nut from the cross slide. It should be held on with several bolts and taper pins/ keyed insert.

I agree. Some machines you can unbolt the block without removing the turret, others you need to lift the turret off the cross slide. Last one I did the 4 bolts were right behind the turret on the slide. A "M" machine may not have enough room.

Re: Mori Seiki SL-15 1989 X axis Ball Screw

i know this is old but maybe one of you can help., i have a SL-25 and trying to figure out how to get the X-axis ball screw out,.

i can see the ball nut bolts behind the turret. but cant get to or see where the thrust bearings block is. there is a long big metal plate that is in between the two ways. and it looks like it could be removed to access the Thrust bearing block

but i cant figure out how to get it off. any info is appreciated!

The lower plate bolts from underneath the front edge of the X axis. Make sure the X wiper is off, and the X all the way up.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    The lower plate bolts from underneath the front edge of the X axis. Make sure the X wiper is off, and the X all the way up.

This plate here? I only feel 1 hole that's furthest away from the edge of X.
    It's there just 1 bolt? I will get a mirror tomorrow but I didn't feel anything.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post

Thank You! there was just 1 small m8 bolt under the front. i couldnt feel it because it had chips and dried oil packed in it.