586,089 active members*
3,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > PTC Pro/Manufacture > MFG to NC/G-code file???

MFG to NC/G-code file???

Okay, so I have managed to do a reasonable job of figuring out how to go from a part to a manufacturing file using the NC Assembly. However, I have finished all the toolpaths but cannot figure out how to output a NC file. I have an .NCL file but its just filled with some very basic x & y moves. I realize this is a lot to ask but.... a step by step would be nice so I can figure this out. I'm supposed to use this as a teaching tool for future engineers so they are able to see how things are actually made.

Version is Pro/E wildfire 4.0. Thank you very very much.

As far as I know, youll need a post processor of some sort to convert the .ncl language into a machine readable file. They usually need to be tailored specific to the control/machine you are using also.

I do have a post processor. The one for mach3. However, the only ncl file I can find has very basic commands. Such as go: x y, etc. Nothing else. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very very much.

Are you outputing the cl file for the operation you created?( this is wildfire 2 im working in btw) if you go to the root manufacturing menu then "CL Data", select "output", "operation", then the operation you would like to post, then when the next menu select "File", check "compute CL" and done.

It should take you to a menu to where to save your new .ncl file and you should be able to post this.