586,077 active members*
3,924 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Interesting problem with my new engraver ( artsign 3060u )

Interesting problem with my new engraver ( artsign 3060u )

I imported a dxf file to newlydraw and selected scan - mode 1 then click start engrave

engrave speed 100mm/s Power at 24%

Well it just start moving - slowly one direction with no laser output.. Newlydraw has no control at that point .. have to hit e stop or shut it off to keep it from running into the edge of the machine..

Any Ideas??

It could be a corrupt import, if you draw a box in Newlydraw and output as 'cut' does it work ok? What about text output as 'scan'?

If these work, the problem is with the imported dxf. Usually caused by open points that show ok on screen but cause problems when output.

Zax.

Actually it's kinda even more weird then it was.

I got it to work. It only scans at speeds above 175mm/s and cuts above 25mm/s. Anything slower and it has this problem.

It sounds like a configuration issue, or possibly an incorrect driver?

Zax.

Here is a screen shot of all my settings.. Just figured I'd put it up here to see if you see anything wrong..

I have a question about engraving with the grey relief. Do I have to select PWM power and then the khz?? If so what setting for the khz??

Also what is slop grades??

I'm new to the variable power available on the 3060.. I'm so used to the limited settings on my jsm40

Thanks again for all your help.
    Rich

I don't immediately see anything that would cause the problem you described, does it move manually at the slower speeds?

Yes, for grey relief you will require PWM. The timing would depend on your PSU but probably 20kHz is reasonable to start.

Slop grades would be a typo... it is the slope gradient values to set the wall angle. Of no use unless you are making stamps.

I would suggest enabling dynamic power, perhaps 20% although others with more experience on this model may provide input.

Zax.

I'm actually going to try some rubber stamps tomorrow.. Do you have any settings you have used in the past that I could start with??

What is dynamic power??

and as far as PWM power.. I'm not sure the machine even has the power supply to do that.. maybe someone else with this machine or a like machine could chime in..

Thanks again Zax
    Rich

Sorry, I've never done stamps although I would think the settings may be similar to silicone and I've done plenty of wrist bands. 20W @ 100mm/s works great on them.

Dynamic power means the machine will adjust the power down as it decelerates on corners etc. Ideally the power would remain constant so as the machine slows down the power reduces to compensate, resulting in a much more consistent cut depth.

The 3040U from Jinan Artsign should support PWM capabilities unless they've changed the spec recently. I believe it can go up to 200kHz, although when I last used one 50kHz seemed to achieve maximum power.

Zax.

So I set the pwm to on and 50kHz. That just pulses the laser correct?? Do you still control the power output thru the 1-100% input for power??

For the dynamic power number. What does the number value mean??