586,096 active members*
3,569 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > EMCO Lathe > Emco compact 5 programe problem.

Emco compact 5 programe problem.

I am now starting to get the hang of this machine and it works fine on manual setting, but the last two days I have been trying to get it to work on the auto setting but after putting in all the cades for a noirmal turning program as per the book,when I press run, the alarm comes up which says that "no M30 programmed". As I have the rotating tool holder on this lathe, is there also a code that has to be inserted before I can get the machine to function?I am putting in the G22 code to end the program but now wonder if this has to be changed.
    I believe the tool holder was an after market addition, but it is an Emco part.
    Thanks for any helpful feedback.
    Mike.

emco program problem

Well the problem was me!! I found that the minus key is used to insert the M codes on the lathe. This was not as per book, so the machine has had a factory modification I think. The Fi mill has the specific M key so that is perhaps a later machine than the lathe.
    Well on a test run all axiis work on the mill but have not tried both of the lathe directions yet, only one. The tool rotator is working today!! Yesterday it was not! Perhaps I should look for a loose conection somewhere.
    Any ideas?
    Mike.