586,588 active members*
2,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mist Coolant and Spindle Speed

I recently purchased a Makino FNC 40. It has a Fanuc 11m control. The machine is setup with a flood coolant pump. I would like to add a mist coolant or air blast coolant setup. I know the 11m control has the capability of controlling the second coolant system, anyone know where I would find the outputs from the control to connect to a pneumatic solenoid?
    Also the spindle speed is not displayed on the control CRT. I know the spindle was replaced at one point by the local Makino rep. The G84 tapping function works so I know the control is watching the spindle speed, why isn't it displaying the speed on the control? Any ideas where to start looking?

hi my friend

with the second pomp is simple

just go to the book and check u M functions and see what is the M for second pump ,should be some of M50,M51 or M70,M71 or else.

if u have these Mfunction active u have to follow on electric diagram the RELAY that is inside of electric box for your M function.

You can take the signal from the relay and put it on a pneumatic valve or a actuator for a pump.

this is the easiest way.

if not u have to check some M for spare ,many machines have M function spare for many reasons.

when u find a free M function check if u have a output Y(xx) and than check if u have the realy that makes a "click "when u start the M function in rest is the same like up.

i hope my easy way to explain this for everyone to undesrsatnd will help.

if u have more questions post it here.

GOOD LUCK!

Spindle speed on the screen-our older 10's and 11's don't display it either. Should have a mechanical gauge on the control for this. I don't think our Makino with the 0 control does either, that one for sure has a mechanical gauge. Those are old analog drives, so it depends on how the builder set it up. Has nothing to do with a spindle replacement.

Mist system- agree with other post. You need to find a spare Mcode and build your own system. Remember though, just because the Mcode is in a list, doesn't mean the builder put it in the ladder.