586,102 active members*
2,462 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Indexing Sub Spindle on Citizen M32

Exclamation Indexing Sub Spindle on Citizen M32

We recently had our sub spindle rebuilt but now have it back in the machine. It runs regular M23-M25 commands but for some reason I am having no luck getting this thing to index again. I did a PLG automatic adjustment and still no luck. If I go into MDI $3 and input M48 C0. the spindle just keeps spinning until I reset it. The parameter I automatically adjusted was SP240 in Spindle 1 and Spindle 2 in the spindle parameter page.

Does anyone know of anything else I can try or is it possible that the PLG sensor got damaged somehow????

Check the spindle lock pin, it may not aligned properly. When this happened, the pin doesn't reach the prox switch to tell the spindle to stop.

Good luck.

When doing the PLG Auto-Adjust procedure on the sub-sp, you only need to change SP240 for collum (2), to a 0. Power machine down, wait 10 sec, power up, unlock parameters, Maint, PLC/IF, (1001)()(M) & INPUT. Go back to PRA., Spindle parameters, and change SP240 for collum (2) back to a 1, then go to MDI $2 and type M23; press INPUT & cycle start.
    Sub-spindle should spin & stop, power down, wait 10, power up & go back to spindle parameters & check if SP240 stayed a 1, if so you should be good, if not I would say that the PLG pickup sensor has "strike-damage" on it, from when it was disassembled/reassembled & bounced off the pickup ring.

Shadow@CMA