586,700 active members*
2,734 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Gsimple

Question Gsimple

Hi!
    I am trying to convert a DXF to g-code with Gsimple, but im having a problem so far on the Gcode i am getting. The G02 and G03 are arc motion with I and J as arc center coordinates, i want to get a Gcode with I, J as arc center in absolute coordinates, so far Gsimple has been giving me a Gcode with I, J in relative coordinates.
    Has anyone here used Gsimple?
    Is it possible to make the Gcode output the arc center in absolute coordinates instead of relative coordinates?

This is driving me insane, please help

Rick

gsimple

read ( use a text editor) gsimple.cfg also fanuc.cfg (or what ever machine you are using) and of course the gsimple manual.

Gsimple works although it is picky in that tool in tool changer and material speeds and feeds must be told to Gsimple or it will just say something like no tool in tool changer. Personally if tool not correct diameter even if only 0.001mm off and tool did not have any feed and speed data for material it maybe should just refer you to a help screen explaining it. On the other hand the software author who does it free has been known to answer email as he does it as a hobby. Gsimple does not do what mastercam does but gsimple's manual isn't like the 1000 page mastercam manual is either. Gsimple manual i believe is much less than 100 pages

Ace converts dxf too
    http://www.dakeng.com/ace.html

Quote Originally Posted by DMF_TomB View Post
    read ( use a text editor) gsimple.cfg also fanuc.cfg (or what ever machine you are using) and of course the gsimple manual.

Gsimple works although it is picky in that tool in tool changer and material speeds and feeds must be told to Gsimple or it will just say something like no tool in tool changer. Personally if tool not correct diameter even if only 0.001mm off and tool did not have any feed and speed data for material it maybe should just refer you to a help screen explaining it. On the other hand the software author who does it free has been known to answer email as he does it as a hobby. Gsimple does not do what mastercam does but gsimple's manual isn't like the 1000 page mastercam manual is either. Gsimple manual i believe is much less than 100 pages

Ace converts dxf too
    http://www.dakeng.com/ace.html
    Thank you for your reply

I already been trying to edit the .cfg file but it didnt let me save changes, the gsimple manual doesnt help much...
    Been trying to acess gsimple site but seems to be down...
    Fortunately i found a file gspost.exe in gsimple folder that allows me to edit the gcode acording to a rule file .cfg that can be saved in any folder of my computer.
    So problem solved

I checked ACE converter site, i read there that currently arcs are output in "R notation" only with that program, unfortunately that is not good for me.
    I been checking some other free CAM software i found heeksCNC i havent tried it yet but seems nice and it is free, has anyone tried it? im wondering right now how this program outputs arcs motions in Gcode.

Regards
    Rick