586,100 active members*
2,646 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SolidCAM for SolidWorks and SolidCAM for Inventor > Post-processor for 5 sim. axes Head-Table type machine with Sinumerik 840D

Post-processor for 5 sim. axes Head-Table type machine with Sinumerik 840D

Hi guys,

Im trying to define the MAC and GPP file for the 5 sim. axes Head-Table type machine with Sinumerik 840D. The special of this machine is spindle axis is not parallel with Z axis.

In this image is kinematic derscription of machine. http://cid-a6a277c23add96cd.skydrive...%20machine.bmp

Firstly, I try to do a machine simulation configuration (I had done following to 5 Sim. axes Trraining manual). I had done some test program (only done machine simulation mode) but I have a error which warned that SolidCam can not calculate the operation because kinematic of this machine can not perform this toolpath.

As my thinking, the MAC file is denpend only the kinematic configuration of machine and the GPP file depend on most of type of controller and some routes also depend on the machine kinematic. Pls correct me if you known clear about that

If posible, could you send to me a sample 5 sim.axes post processor MAC and GPP file for reference

Thanks for your attention

Hi all!

I need a 5 sim. axes PP for Sinumerik 840D controller or another type for reference. Could any one help me?

Speak to your reseller. I know SolidCAM have post processors for this type of machine with heidenhain control. It is a relatively simple matter to reconfigure the post to Sinumerik.

What machine is it?

The machine is PAMA SpeedMat 2 + TR6. I am learing GPP tool then I want try make it myself

Pls advice if you can give me some thing as sample code

Simenens 840D controller MAC & GPP

Hi,
    Were you succcessful in finding / creating a post processor for Simenens 840D controller MAC & GPP?. If so could you please advise me on the same.

Regards,
    Shaps
    [email protected]

I can program a postprocessor what you want for your needs.

[email protected]