Over the past few weeks I've become increasingly interested in CNC. I guess I've been for a long time, but recently the I discovered the possibility of actually building one of these machines. At this point, I'm starting to design a machine that would eventually create the parts for a larger aluminum cutting machine. Right now, I just want to build a small machine as a test bed for some of my ideas. Maybe make it big enough to mount a Dremel. I don't have alot of spare money floating around right now, so I figured my first project would be crude at best, and built cheaply.
As I was considering drive systems, I remembered that I have 4 Futaba R/C servos lying around, and I was wondering if anyone has experimented with something like that. I'll buy stepper motors and control interfaces for the real machine, but i figured I'd ask around to see if the things I have on hand would work for my prototype. Does anyone have any ideas on how to build a breakout board to control these servos?
Any help would be great, I have a feeling this forum is loaded with people who know much more than I do on the subject of CNC. Thanks for any advice you can give a newcomer with big ideas!