586,103 active members*
3,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Newbie with new X4, needs help!

Newbie with new X4, needs help!

Hi all just taken possession of my new X4 and found that the Mastercam I have on my Laptop won't run my M/c can any one offer a way forward.
    Thanks

Go to Mach3's website and download the operating system, it will run for free but will be limitede on the number of lines it can do, it's worth every penny to pay and get a full licence. Mastercam will only create your toolpath not control the machine.

Cheers,
    Phil

Question

Quote Originally Posted by criscelitist View Post
    Go to Mach3's website and download the operating system, it will run for free but will be limitede on the number of lines it can do, it's worth every penny to pay and get a full licence. Mastercam will only create your toolpath not control the machine.

Cheers,
    Phil
    Thanks Phil,
    I've taken your advise and got a trial version of Mach3... I see what you mean about the Mastercam thing, Havn't been able to get any comms yet. will try again Sunday.
    Got no instructions for anything so it's fumble forward I guess.

SyiL Canada / North America

If you are still having issues feel free to call me @ 403 400 7945, you got no instructions when you purchased your mill? Where did you purchase your mill from?

Any questions let me know,

Keith

Thanks

Thanks Keith,
    I have made a note of your #, I'll trudge on a bit more before I give up!
    I bought the M/c off a N.Z. dealer MTM tools, Brand new X4 plus it is, I asked if there was any instructions with the M/c, but was told...no, there is only a small booklet with photocopied pics of the circuit boards (no good to me...I/m a pastry chef in that regard,.... A CNC professional by trade tho)
    The first prob I have is that the Z axis reads as positive when moving down and the handwheel turns the wrong way to do it ..... Y axis is not much better.
    I had no joy with the recommendations to vista changes Re Mach 3, so I'll give my wife her comp back and get a desktop with XP on it, as the little laptop I was told would be OK.... isn't up to the task.... (Back to Trade Me auctions)
    At this stage I have a boat anchor, that I hope to change into a CNC with a little help.

No problem, I would recommend read the manual for Mach3 Mill, it actually is pretty good at getting you going.

Instructions

Seems I have been a bit flippant in disregarding the Schematic pics as they are the instructions............Dipstick me, They have been very useful too!
    But there is still my problem of the Z and Y axis going in the wrong direction,
    is this a parameter?, or a couple of wires wired incorrectly?
    Has any body else had this problem,? and how was it fixed?
    I have also downloaded the Mach3 instructions and found that to be helpful also.
    My apologies to all for being so arrogant about the instructions.... Dipstick Me.

Regards David

Take a look at the training videos on the Mach3 site...http://www.machsupport.com/videos/

The one titled "Homing,Limits and Offsets" may help you out. Lots of good info in the videos on setting up Mach3.

-Keith

Quote Originally Posted by DAYG View Post
    Seems I have been a bit flippant in disregarding the Schematic pics as they are the instructions............Dipstick me, They have been very useful too!
    But there is still my problem of the Z and Y axis going in the wrong direction,
    is this a parameter?, or a couple of wires wired incorrectly?
    Has any body else had this problem,? and how was it fixed?
    I have also downloaded the Mach3 instructions and found that to be helpful also.
    My apologies to all for being so arrogant about the instructions.... Dipstick Me.

Regards David